7 Books For Your Spring Reading List + 7 Books On Mine


March 20, 2018



   Guess what's happening in my neck of the woods?

   It's warming up.

   Which means its time for me to share a boatload of Spring reads with you guys! Who's ready for their tbr to grow even closer to the breaking point?  


7 Books For Your Spring Reading List + 7 Books On Mine [post title image]





Reclaiming Shilo Snow and The Evaporation Of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber


   You knew this one was going to be on here, you knew it! How could I write up this list without including Reclaiming Shilo Snow? It's currently the only five star book that I've read in 2018, and IT IS EPIC. This book is the sequel to The Evaporation Of Sofi Snow, and there was no case of sequel blues - in fact, I rather think it knocked the first book out of the water! I definitely recommend it <3.


   I haven't read this book in quite awhile (and I'm overdue for a reread!), but I remember adoring it when I did! Tessa Emily Hall is a master with words, and I breezed through this story, even though I only had an eBook copy of it (which is saying something, because I sometimes drag my feet when it comes to eBooks). And if I recall correctly, it has a very Spring feel to it, so Unwritten Melody is perfect for this list!  


   This one is an anthology of Cinderella retellings, and every single novella in here is fantastic. I especially love The Moon Master's Ball, but I am biased because I love any story that has something to do with the circus ;D. But since all of the stories in here are sweet and short enough to read in a couple days, I think its perfect for Spring reading when life is really busy.


The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale


   How could I make a list of spring reads without mentioning The Princess Academy? I've reread this book so many times (because Shannon Hale is a master), and now that its Spring I have the urge to crack it open and dive into this beautiful story again. If you haven't read this one yet, what are you waiting for? Add it to your Spring reading pile! ;D 


   Some Kind Of Happiness! <3 Katie Grace over at A Writer's Faith flailed over this book so much that I had to read it, and OH gracious. It was never something I would have picked up on my own, so thank goodness for Katie because I LOVE this book. The characters are golden and the plot is golden and the prose is golden and the theme - you guys just need to read this one, okay? Do it xD.  


   Who doesn't need a middle grade book in their life now and then? Keeper of The Lost Cities is one of the best middle grade series that I know of, and I enjoy it so much. Plus it's six books long (the author is working on the seventh and I. Am. Excitement!), so 'twill keep you very busy. Also, a warning: you probably won't be able to put them down. You better clear out a good chunk of time for these epic books before you starts them! 

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer


   Artemis Fowl! <3 My sister and read these books together a year or two ago, and books are always that much better when I read them with Skylar, haha. Eoin Colfer writes some epic books, but Artemis Fowl is probably my favorite. All the characters are golden, and Eoin Colfer has a real knack with words and wit. This is one of the series where there were multiple points where I'd go "okay - now the author has literally driven himself into a hole, he really can't pull this off" - and he did it every. Time! So if you're looking for a fun series to keep you busy this Spring, definitely check out Artemis Fowl.



   And there are the seven books I'd command suggest you pile up onto your TBR, because you're going to want to get them read this Spring ;). And now it is time for seven more books to make a flying leap onto your Spring reading list, because here are the books that I'm dying to read this season ...


Savannah Grace's collage of Spring Reads
+ The Selection by Kiera Cass

   Wow - for Spring books, those are some pretty dark covers xD. But, as you can see, there's a whole truckload of books that I'm itching to read this Spring! Some of them are old and I should have read them a zillion years ago (*cough* especially The Selection *cough*), but most of them are hot off the press.

   Anyone want to guess which one I'm the most excited to read? The Traitor's Game (#favoriteauthor)! Jennifer A. Nielsen always tells a great story with epic characters, and her books have never disappointed me. I'll definitely be reviewing that book when I get my hands on it - I'm excited! This is going to be a Spring of very epic reads ;D. 

~ Savannah Grace

have you read any books on this list?
what books are you hoping to read this Spring?

19 comments :

  1. I'm planning to read Scythe this spring for sure! Might even get it next time I go to the library.... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Epicness! You'll have to tell me what you though it it once you finished - I'm super curious to see what you'll think of it!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE THESE POOOSTS!!! Except you're killing my TBR pile. :P (Or maybe my TBR pile is killing me...)

    I DEFINITELY need to read Mary Weber's books AND Tessa Emily Hall's. Been meaning to read books by them for actual YEARS and still haven't. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!

    I have read Five Glass Slippers and LOOOOVE IT! The Moon Master's Ball was one of my favorites in it as well! I, too, am a total sucker for circuses in fiction. :D I've also read The Princess Academy and Artemis Fowl. Both such fun books! I've GOT to read more of the Artemis Fowl books though. I only ever read the first one and never got farther in the series. SHAMEFUL.

    I've been dying to read Some Kind of Happiness ever since Katie Grace mentioned it! :O She's gonna get all of us to read that book. XD But it looks great! And Keeper of the Lost Cities sounds sooo fun and totally up my alley. GAH. Thanks, Savannah! More books I need. :P

    I haven't read any of the books on your own TBR list but I've heard of all of them AND WANT TO READ THEM TOOOO. And I actually have Incarceron on my shelf! :O I picked it up at a thrift shop a while back but never got around to reading it. I NEED TO.

    Just...ALL THE BOOKS! *flails*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH, LAURI - these ones are so fun to put together. (because BOOKS and also I am a cruel smol dragon and I LOVE piling more books on your TBR! xD)

      Oh my gracious YES YOU DO (especially before RM because MARY WILL BE THERE *flails*). They are both such epic authors. And YES, we need to find more circus stories! I never can have enough xD. And OH, CHRISTINE - you need to finish the Artemis Fowl series! It's so epic, I love it.

      *happily shoves all of the books onto your teetering stack* If you survive this Spring, you shall claim superhero status for protecting yourself from the killer TBR. YOU CAN DO IT xD.

      Delete
  3. All of these look so good!
    I'm excited for Worlds Apart by K.A. Emmons and A Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G. Drews. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read K.A. Emmons' books so bad! After all of your flailing about them, I am DETERMINED to read them very very soon xD.

      Delete
    2. Yes, you do! It's so good!!! You're going to adore it. >.<

      Delete
  4. All of these look so good! What's a few more when you already have a couple hundred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh-huh, yup, what's a few more ... *laughs nervously as I reach up on tip-toe to add more books to the insanely high pile* xD

      Delete
  5. THE TRAITOR'S GAME, AAAAHH!!! I'm already looking forward to your review! xD

    I reallllly need to read Some Kind of Happiness and Keeper of the Lost Cities! They look SO good. And yesss, Princess Academy is the coziest read ever. *huggles it*

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT IS MY EXACT REACTION, OH GOOD GRACIOUS I AM SO EXCITED. I can't wait to get my hands on it and then shove the gorgeous book into all your faces! xD

      *gasps* YES, you absolutely need to read them! And The Princess Academy is such a wonderful read, isn't it? <3

      Thanks, friend!

      Delete
  6. RED RISING RED RISING RED RISING!!! <3 I'm really surprised that it's on your list, actually, but I'm happy! When I read it, I wasn't sure if it was YA or technically adult (just because it had that feel, you know?). It's quite the epic. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HAVE HEARD SO MANY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THAT BOOK. Honestly, I wasn't quite sure what age range it was written towards either, haha xD. But since you like it I AM SO GOING TO DEVOUR THE THING.

      Delete
  7. I absolutely ADORE Shannon Hale's writings. Princess Academy was a favorite for a long time (until I read Forest Born) and I need to get around to reading that third one that came out....

    I've been hearing a lot about Artemis Fowl recently...maybe I should go check that out sometime in the next 500 years when I finally have some free time and remember it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forest Born! Oh, gracious - that book! <3 <3 <3 I'm so glad you like that one, it might be my favorite thing that I've read from Shannon Hale.

      Oh, definitely! The Artemis Fowl series is one of my favorite MG series out there, you should absolutely check it out - and then tell me what you think once you read it! ;)

      Delete
  8. Hmm, interesting. You love circus stories? Not sure I knew that about you. . . Also, how have you not watched The Greatest Showman yet?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Well - I certainly do! I'm always on the lookout for epic circus stories ;D. And I DON'T KNOW - I'm hoping to watch it within the next couple weeks though, and you'll be the first to hear my thoughts on it!

      Delete
  9. OOooh these books look really awesome xDD

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO MANY GOOD BOOKS!! I've been meaning to read Sofi Snow for AGES now, and I LOVE Princess Academy! (which I really should reread!) I'll definitely be putting some of these other ones on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.