Joy To The World


December 24, 2016




joy to the world
the Lord has come
let earth receive her King

and yet

despite the well-wishes
and cheeriness
and joy that comes with December

Christmas is one of the most
hectic
times of the year

for me it's wonderful because
i love the crazy 
the bright lights and Christmas carols

but I have seen how
wild
the holidays can be

yet still

even amidst the
insanity
that comes with the Christmas season

there seems to be a
special hush
that lies over the world

on the night of Christmas Eve


like the world is holding
its breath
remembering what happened

so many nights ago

the night that the angels danced
in the starry night sky
unable to contain their joy

the night our Savior King was born

the earth itself
seems to want to sing
on the night of Christmas Eve

and tell us

angels we did hear that night
sweetly singing o'er the plains
gloria, gloria

because of the night our Savior King was born


the household buzzes on the night before Christmas
some of us can't sleep
because the excitement is too palpable

but maybe

maybe

if we are still and just
listen
for a moment

maybe we'll hear the angels singing

joy to the world
the Lord has come
let earth receive her King

~ Savannah Grace

Have a wonderful Christmas, my friends!

24 comments :

  1. No words, Savannah, no words. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting over my speechlessness ;), this is gorgeous, Savannah, and really blessed me. It really spoke to me, and helped me find peace in the holiday bustle yesterday.
      Merry Christmas, sweet friend!!

      Delete
    2. *hugs you* Thank you so much, Hanna!
      Merry (belated) Christmas to you as well! :D

      Delete
  2. This was so peaceful and sweet to read. Also, this entire post was just so pretty and poetic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evangeline! I'm so glad you enjoyed it :).

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful!! Great reminder of what Christmas is all about :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! I hope you had an awesome Christmas :D.

      Delete
  4. This poem is beautiful! I wish I could write poems like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Florid Sword! I'm happy that you liked it :).

      Delete
  5. Great poem it reminds me of the song 2000 decembers ago by joy williams. Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marrok! I'll have to listen to that song - and Merry (belated) Christmas to you, too!

      Delete
  6. Love this Savannah. So sweet.
    Isn't is a great way to write?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Soleil! <3
      And YES it's an awesome way to write - I rarely get hit with inspiration for a poem, but they're so fun :D.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, Micaiah! Merry (belated) Christmas to you, too!

      Delete
  8. This...is an absolutely beautiful reminder of the reason for Christmas. Thank you for this loveliness, Savannah! <3 And Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Madeline! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it :).

      Delete
  9. omw Sav - like. these words. <333

    MERRYYY (day after) CHRISTMASS. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEP thank you, Sare! <3

      Merry (two days after xD) Christmas to you!

      Delete
  10. *clutches heart* Savannah. SAVANNAH. I...I can't. Just. Whoa. Breathtaking.

    "like the world is holding
    its breath
    remembering what happened"

    ^THIS. I have no words. *drowns in all the beauty*

    I know I'm late in wishing you Merry Christmas, but I do hope you HAD a Merry Christmas and will have a wonderful New Year's. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *clutches heart* CHRISTINE, I CAN'T EVEN. *hugs you for your sweet comment*

      I'm so glad you enjoyed this! I honestly was trying super hard just to THINK of a Christmas post to do - but apparently this one came off pretty well :D.

      I hope you had an amazing Christmas too, Lauri! Thanks again for your sweet comment :).

      Delete
  11. Eeep! That was so beautiful, Savannah! And those pictures are simply amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.