The Snippets Tag


December 9, 2016


   I hath been tagged to willingly share some snippets - which will be most amusing for you and probably very good for me xD. Thank you for the tag, Madeline! (she created it, so that's pretty cool *nodnod*) Let's see if I can find anything not super-embarrassing to show you guys ...


- Ze Rules -

1. Include the graphic Madeline created or link to Madeline in the post 
2. Answer all the questions, however you want to. Creative interpretation is the key here! You can use the book you're currently working on to answer the questions, or other books you've started or have written. 
3. Tag 2-5 other bloggers 

(disclaimer: (I have three of these this time around xD) Most of the snippets are only lightly edited, if they are edited at all, and I will be skipping a few questions because of spoilers. But here's Madeline's original post, so those I tag can see what all the questions were *nodnod*. And I'll be using snippets from multiple different stories - but the picture should tell you which story it's from)

   Alright, I'm done rambling. Onto the questions! *goes scrounging around for suitable snippets*  

1. Share your most gripping, fascinating, and hooking first line of a story. 

   *has already shared this one with you* But hey, I'll do it again - seeing as it's the best I've got xD.


2. Share a snippet that made you want to shout to the world that you're SO. HAPPY. 

   Hmm ... *thinks* Well, this definitely isn't one of my best snippets (I wrote it quite awhile ago *cringe*) but it placed in Tessa Hall's Monday Minute Challenge, and it was the first time my writing had actually received recognition of any sort. So I was happy, to say the least xD. Here's part of it - 
 

3. Share a snippet that gives you a bit of insight into one of your most favorite characters ever.  

    Ooh, this one is pretty easy. *throws the snippet at you, even if you may have already read it* 


4. Share a snippet that gets you beaming with pride and you're just like 'yep, I wrote that beauty'.  

   *tries to think of a snippet like this* *draws a blank* Well, I'll just throw something random at you then. Works every time I'm at a loss xD. 


5. Share a snippet of genius, deliciously witty dialogue between your characters. 

   Do you guys know how hard it was to find a snippet that fits this description? It was hard. I still don't know if it fits this description - but here ya go. (also, this is the first time I've shared something from Killing Snow's sequel, so it is momentous xD) *winces because snippet isn't edited whatsoever and desperately needs it* *shares anways*


6. Share a snippet that leaves you breathless, in a cold sweat with action-induced intensity. 

   Okay, news flash - I am horrible at writing action scenes. So we'll see what I can do here ...  (this is more of a right-before-the-action-starts scene, but hush, I'm totally not cheating xD)


7. Share a snippet of a most interesting first meeting between your characters. 

   Oh wow. My characters have had many interesting meetings with each other. *tries to pick just one snippet to share* 


I tag ...

Soleil @ Reviews By Soleil 
 Jonathan Trout @ Fishing For Ideas
Brianna Henderson @ Ramblings of a Pilgrim on The Way
Sarah Margaret @ The Introverted Extrovert 
Mary @ Sunshine And Scribblings
Julia Ryan @ The Barefoot Gal
and you! *gives the tag to everyone*

   *ignores the fact that I tagged one more person than I should*

   This was a super fun tag, Madeline! (despite the fact that it was terribly hard to find snippets to let you all see *cough*) Thank you for tagging me - and if any of you do this tag, make sure to throw me the link to it so I can see your writing! *wishes to read all the snippets*

~ Savannah Grace

So, what did you think? Which one was your favorite? *is curious*

39 comments :

  1. OOOOOOOOO SNAP. So Savannah...when are you going to need beta readers, hmmmm?? Because I gladly volunteer for that position.

    Seriously though, those snippets are fabulous. And I am definately very intrigued right now. I need to know what happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH DEAR ME I don't expect to need beta readers for a good long six months - editing is taking me half of forever xD.

      Thank you so much, Evangeline! Perhaps I will share more at some point *nodnod*

      Delete
  2. Very cool! I can't say I had a favorite they where all written very well! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok but your snippets are GOLDEN. LIKE WAHT. TEACH ME YOUR WAYS. XD also this tag is 147% brilliant and I cannot wait to do it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO I CAN'T SPILL MY SECRETS xD. But YES do the tag - I can't wait to read your snippets!

      Delete
  4. So cool Savannah!
    I think that the second snippet was my favorite. Very intriguing.

    -Cerra Cat-

    ReplyDelete
  5. *points up* I could just repeat everything those guys said. BUT YEAH THOSE SNIPPETS WERE SO GOOOOOD *whispers* and I really, really want to see some more of the snippets from the 'Killing Snow' sequel pleeeaase. XD
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sister! *whispers* and MAYBE you'll get to read more because you get sister points xD

      Delete
  6. I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO GIVE ME THE KILLING SNOW SEQUEL. SO EXCITED. I mean...obviously I volunteer to beta read. :D

    And those snippets are great!!! So cool. I just...just can't wait until I get to read another Savvy story. You're amazing. *jumps up and down in excitement*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CAN'T WAIT EITHER! Mostly because that will mean I'm done editing xD. Editing is taking FOR-EVER *sighs* *wishes my books could edit themselves*.

      Thank you so much, Prill! /YOU'RE/ AMAZING! *jumps up and down with you*

      Delete
  7. SAVANNAH GRACE YOUR WRITING. YOUR WRITIIIING!!!!!!! You're going to become like a teenage bestseller or something at this rate. YOU. ARE. SO. TALENTED.

    Okay. Cerulean sounds amazing. O_O I can see why he's your favorite. Hehe.

    I LOVED the part where you said maybe the window had better eyes than she did. How it revealed everything as broken. That is...THAT IS PURE GOLD RIGHT THERE.

    ALL OF THIS IS GOLDEN. *huggles gorgeous writing*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACK LAURI, YOUR COMMENT! *can't stop grinning* Oh gracious, teenage bestseller xD. *hugs you because you're the best*

      He's my favorite AND he's annoying because he thinks he's the best xD.

      EEP thank you so much! :D I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THAT PART CAME FROM. Like, it was so random when I wrote it o.O

      THANK YOU, CHRISTINE! *squeals over your comment*

      Delete
  8. AHHHH............these are seriously insane!!!!!! Driving me crazy, girl!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGOODNESS YOU DID MY TAG. *flails from happiness*

    I loved all of your snippets. I just really love them all. Cerulean is fast becoming a favorite...He sounds awesome... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID AND IT WAS EPIC! *loves your tag*

      Thank you! Cerulean is super fun to write xD (other than the fact that he's annoying half the time *nodnod*)

      Delete
  10. Ooooh! Love these! Especially that opening line. I'm pretty new to your blog, and it really makes me want to read more of your writing :)

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aubrey! I'm so glad these made you interested :D.

      Delete
  11. Oooooh, love this, Savannah!! The question about your favorite character--Cerulean came to mind right away. That one was probably my favorite. #obsession Or from Killing Snow's sequel. . . I can't believe you gave us that! I WANT MORE!! Because awesome Savannah stories, and Cerulean Kane. His daggers though. . . #AllTheCoolness

    P.S. The Killing Snow one about the cracked window is also SO. GOOD. I've always loved that one, even though it gives me the shivers. So. . . I think you could sum this whole comment up with: I LOVE KILLING SNOW!!

    P.P.S. The Dreamer's Game seriously sounds SO CREEPY. But I would still jump on an opportunity to read it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might have fun reading these ;D. And I KNEW you would like that I shared from Killing Snow's sequel - I told Ariel you would enjoy that *nodnod*. (*whispers* I also think Cerulean is pretty cool, but not like I'm going to tell him that xD)

      THANK YOU! I'm a little over halfway done with another Killing Snow edit - I can't wait until all of the editing is DONE. *is dying of exhaustion*

      The Dreamer's Game IS pretty different from what I normally write - but I think that's what is making it so much fun! And you'll definitely get to read it once I edit it :D.

      Delete
    2. Haha, you know me so well! ;)
      Oh yay! I love beta-reading for you, and just getting to hear your stories!
      P.S. I want to read the final version of Killing Snow! Are you sending it to your beta-readers? (Pretty please with a cherry on top???)

      Delete
  12. Oooh this was great! I loved reading your snippets and getting a peek at your amazing writing. *nods* And I love that first sentence one...IT'S SO INTRIGUING AND MAKES ME WANT TO KNOW MORE. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cait! It was SUPER IMPOSSIBLE to pick suitable snippets to show you guys xD. Glad you liked them!

      Delete
  13. LOVED THEM!!! And Cerulean. XD
    And now I have to go find something..... *crickets chirp* I will definitely have to get creative here XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!
      And yes, find some - because I want to read the Soleil-words xD *nodnod*.

      Delete
  14. Read through these comments. Just read them. And count how many people have joined the Cerulean fan club. xD
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, these are so good! I especially liked the ones from The Dreamer's Game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really excited to see where The Dreamer's Game goes after I edit it :D.

      Delete
  16. AHSJHCJHSCDFHRUHVUR *hugs post* I really loved the last one!!! I can't wait to read one of your storiesss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEP THANK YOU! *hugs* I can't wait until I EDIT one of my stories enough to give it to betas xD.

      Delete
  17. I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!! Cerulean s the best. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you beta-read Killing Snow too, Micaiah?

      Delete
    2. THANK YOU, Micaiah! (*whispers* and yes, Hanna, she did ;))

      Delete
  18. THEY ARE ALL AMAZING. And I am intensely interested in all your books now. Especially Killing Snow. It sounds /so/ good. I volunteer as beta-reader, if you ever need me. xD

    Oh, and thanks for tagging me! This looks like it's going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH GRACIOUS somehow I missed replying to this comment? So sorry!

      Thank you so much, Brianna! I'd love to have you as a beta whenever it's read to be betaed :D. And you're welcome! I can't wait to see your snippets *nodnod*.

      Delete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.