The Bibliophile Sweater Tag


October 17, 2017



   Guess who created a tag? (not me - even though I keep saying I should xD) The lovely Mary from Sunshine and Scribblings (thanks for tagging me <3)! And it's the perfect tag for us bookdragons who love the colder weather. <3


the bibliophile sweater tag [header image]


Fuzzy Sweater // a book that is the epitome of comfort


harry potter and the sorcerer's stone [cover image]

   I'm assuming you mean a go-to reread. I don't have any of those, honestly. I have favorite books, and I have books that I will forever adore, and books that I'll probably love every single time I read them. BUT I have to be in a certain mood to want to reread a book, so this question is really hard to answer. I guess I'd say the Harry Potter series. It's not really a "comfort book", but I know I'll always be able to go back to that series and still love it. 


Striped Sweater // a book that you devoured every line of


wrath of the storm [cover image]

   I was going to start this one with "EVERY BOOK EVER" ... but then I realized that there are some books that I do have to struggle to stop myself from skimming them, ha.  That only happens once-in-a-blue-moon though, so this question is HARD to answer. I'll just go with the most recent five-star book that I read, which was Wrath Of The Storm by Jennifer A. Nielson. And you all know that I adore every Nielson book that I've read so far, so that's no big surprise xD.


Ugly Christmas Sweater // a book with a weird cover



castle in the air [cover image]

   Yeah ... I'd say it was a pretty good idea for DWJ's publishers to update these original covers. xD


Cashmere Sweater // the most expensive book you've bought


martin hospitality [cover image] a time to rise [cover image]

   Um. Do I do expensive books? Come on - why get ONE when you could get THREE. So honestly, my 'most expensive books' aren't all that interesting. But I think they are ... A Time To Rise and Martin Hospitality. And they were absolutely worth the money <3.  


Hoodie // a favorite classic book


the chronicles of narnia [cover image]

   I don't really read classics *hides face*.

   HOWEVER ... I have read a few xD. My favorite would have to be the entire Narnia series (Anne Of Green Gables comes incredibly close, but as a fantasy-lover at heart, I have to go with Narnia) 


Cardigan // a book that you bought on impulse


eyes wide open [cover image] iscariot [cover image]

   Guys. I sometimes go to thrift stores to buy books - which is hard because I almost only buy books in PERFECT or next-to-perfect condition, but thrift stores have CHEAP BOOKS, and the pros outweigh the cons - so I buy a lot of books on impulse just because I can xD. The most recent book(s) that I bought on impulse were Eyes Wide Open by Ted Dekker and Iscariot by Tosca Lee. We'll see what I think of both of those books, because I honestly know next to nothing about them.


Turtleneck Sweater // a book from your childhood



deltora quest [cover image] strange birds [cover image]

   Oh my, there are so many books I could pick from that were from my childhood. Gracious, this question is hard. So I'm going to go with TWO books (#cheating) that were the first I thought of when I thought 'childhood books'. The Deltora Quest series and Strange Birds are two books that I distinctly remember reading when I was smol,  and I loved them.   


Homemade Knitted Sweater // a book that is indie-published


the girl who could see [cover image]

   Confession: I don't read THAT many indie-published books. I still do read a fair deal of them, and I absolutely support indie publishing ... but I just can't get my hands on indie-published books as easily as I can traditionally published books. However, one of the many indie books that I ADORE is The Girl Who Could See by Kara Swanson. First of THAT COVER, and secondly, it's an incredible story.


V-Necked Sweater // a book that did not meet your expectations


the reluctant assassin [cover image]

   Hmm ... *scrolls through my recent reads list* The Reluctant Assassin by Eoin Colfer. I've adored all the Colfer books that I've read so far, so I figured I'd give The Reluctant Assassin a shot. But it didn't quite meet my expectations, and I'm not super interested in finishing the trilogy right now. But I might go ahead and finish it anyways because it's an Eoin Colfer book and I have to give him a second chance xD.  


Argyle Sweater // a book with a unique format


the monster in the hollows [cover image]

   ... a unique cover format, or interior format? Huh. I'm going to go with interior format, and thus I shall have to pick The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson. It's one of the only series I've seen that has footnotes in the books. It was a fun additional to the story itself :D.   


Polka Dot Sweater // a book with well-rounded characters


jackaby [cover image]

   But there's SO many books with well-rounded characters! How am I supposed to pick just one? *sighs* Alright, we're going with the latest book that I read that had well-rounded characters, and that would be ... Jackaby by William Ritter. All of the characters were so fun and so different, and I loved reading their story. So much epicness <3. 


  - I Tag -

... anyone who's feeling happy about the chilly weather <3




   So there's a quick peek into some of my recent bookish-thoughts - I hope you guys are having a very book-filled fall so far! They can only add to Autumn's epicness. <3

~ Savannah Grace 

what was the last book you read? 
what book are you currently reading?
 

22 comments :

  1. AHHHHHH YOU ALREADY DID THE TAG! I'm very impressed - it usually takes me months. xD

    BUT I LOVED YOUR ANSWERS!! It was so much fun to see your choices. *grins* (Sorry for all the hard questions...a lot of them fit SO many books and it was hard for me to narrow them down myself, haha.)

    Oh...yeah...I forgot about those original DWJ covers. *cringes* The cover artist unfortunately didn't do the books justice. xD

    NARNIA AND THE GIRL WHO COULD SEE. <3333 I LOVE ALL THOSE BOOKS

    Ha, yes. The "unique format" question was vague. #oops It really could apply to the story, cover, interior format...whatever you want. ;) But that was the perfect answer! I remember reading the first book and thinking the footnotes were cool. The only other fiction book with footnotes that I know of is Illusionarium. (WHICH IS SO AMAZING AHHHHHH.)

    ANYWAYYYY. I loved reading your answers, Sav!! Thanks so much for doing the tag. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too excited that you'd created a tag to wait! (plus, it's PERFECT for the Autumn weather we've been having up here, so ;P) And YES, you thought up hard questions. I've half a mind to internet-whap you, but I had a really fun time answering them ... so I suppose I won't xD.

      Yeah ... the original DWJ covers are what stopped me from picking up Howl's Moving Castle for such a long time. I REALLY shouldn't judge books by their covers, but who doesn't?

      ILLUSIONARIUM <3. I love that book so much - have you read Entwined yet? It's by the same author, so you might enjoy it.

      Thanks for creating it! I had a ton of fun. :D

      Delete
  2. I was so excited to see you did this tag! Mary is a genius. THIS TAG IS THE BESSST. I'm definitely going to have to do it!

    I feel sad and ashamed that Castle in the Air is the ONLY book in this whole list I've read. o.o (Well, and Narnia, obviously!) And yeeeeah, DWJ covers need help. XD But the new editions of those books--Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Air, and House of Many Ways--are GORGEOUS and just make me happy. So they make up for their hideous original versions at least. Haha!

    So Emily Rodda writes good books? I have a series by her (Rowan of Rin, I think?) just because I found the set in good condition at a library sale. But I literally know NOTHING about them or the author. And I never see anyone talk about them, so I was excited to see you mention them!

    Man, I need to read so many of these books. Jackaby, The Girl Who Could See, The Wingfeather Saga. I NEED MORE READING TIME!!!!!

    Ahem. Aaaaanyways, this was too fun. Thanks for sharing with us! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, DO IT! I'd love to see your answers to these questions, too.

      Seriously?! Okay, wow - then I need to help you with your tbr *piles most of these books onto it* xD (Alright, at LEAST read the Out Of Time trilogy. It's one of the most powerful series I've ever read)

      Well, from what I remember, Emily Rodda DEFINITELY writes most of her books for the middle grade, but who says middle grade books aren't enjoyable? I remember loving her series to death as a kid (except Rowan of Rin was one of her only series that I didn't get to xD) <3.

      Thanks for reading, Lauri!

      Delete
  3. The last book I read...? Um...That would have to be The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson. It was really good. And I'm currently not reading any books.

    I look forward to your next post!

    ~Savvy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, I feel like I recognize the author name ... I might have to check it out! Thanks, Savvy ;).

      Delete
  4. JACKABY! Love that book. Also, Narnia. You just have great taste in books. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA, thanks! (and since you ALSO like Jackaby and Narnia, you obviously have good taste, too xD)

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I want to read those books!! Totally off topic, but I've been needing (clean) book recommendations, do you have any?
    Anyyhoo, I loved this! The tag was so creative, and sweaters...THEY'RE MY FAVORITE! XD I'm completely loving the chilly weather, but I'm not sure I have enough books for this tag... *searches* Once I add more books to my shelf I'll try it though! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clean recommendations? Well, it depends on your definition of 'clean' - most people have very varying thoughts on that ;). But here's a few that I would have no qualms about handing to my younger siblings ...

      The Blue Door (by Christa Kinde)
      Anne Of Green Gables (by L.M. Montgomery)
      Martin Hospitality (by Abigayle Claire)
      Andora's Folly (by Abigayle Claire)

      None of those are really speculative fiction, seeing as Ariel and Jaidyn (two of my sisters) like to read more realistic fiction, but they're still great, clean books! If you want some more recommendations, just let me know ;).

      Delete
  6. I loved reading your answers!! (And now I have added about a million more books to my TBR. XD) I just finished Salt to the Sea and MY, that was SAD. But definitely worth it. I'm about to start reading Defy the Stars. Jackaby looks quite interesting!! That's on my library pick-up list for next month now. :) Random question, but did you enjoy reading The Scorpio Races? It's one of my favorite books! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Salt to the Sea! I've heard of that one, but I've never read it. Now I might need to add it to my tbr xD. Defy the Stars ... hmm, I recognize that one too, but I can't recall the author's name. Who wrote it? And I'm ALMOST READY to start Scorpio Races - I wanted to start it last week, but I told myself that I have to get caught up on school first (I'm kinda behind). I'll have to let you know when I finish it! With how much everyone hypes up Stiefvater's books, I expect it to be AMAZING. <3

      Delete
    2. Defy the Stars is by Claudia Gray—and so far it's rather interesting. You will LOVE the Scorpio Races!! :D

      Delete
  7. Ahh, so fun! I need to do this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished reading "Moriarty" by Andrew Horovitz (not sure if I spelled that right...). It was amazing! It's very similar to the original Sherlock Holmes stories, and set directly after the Reichenbach Fall. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read any Sherlock Holmes stories (or retellings, as a matter of fact), but I really need to check it out! It sounds cool ;). Thanks, Allison!

      Delete
  9. Nice blog!

    I might take this because WINTER IS AWESOME. :D

    I haven't read Castle in the Sky yet, but I really liked HMC. :)

    The Narnia books are sooo good! And AoGG too!!!! Defintely both are really good classics!

    Jackaby, I have owned the book for over a year and I still haven't touched it. I have no idea why. I guess I should read it if you say it's good. :)

    Right now I'm reading Frankenstein.

    Talk to you later!

    ~MovieCritic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely snag it! It'd be super cool if you do this tag.

      Actually, believe it or not, I haven't read Castle in the Sky yet, either! Only HMC and House Of Many Ways. So I really, really need to find some time to read it, because I love Diana Wynn Jones' books.

      Thanks for commenting, MovieCritic!

      Delete
  10. The Girl Who Could See seems fascinating (and yes that cover is definitely stunning!!) I love that you mentioned Narnia, and because I've been developing some interest in classic books, reading your paragraph made me want to give Anne of Green Gables a try!
    You have an absolutely lovely blog! I'd love if we can follow each other maybe? Do let me know <3
    Have an exciting week ahead!

    Joanne | With Risa: A Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Jackaby too!! The characters were so well-rounded and AMAZING and I should really read the second book... XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Added Jackaby to my TBR because of THAT COVER and you said you liked the characters. Also, a lot of my Goodreads friends/people I follow seem to like this book.

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.