Highlights of October 2018 + An Announcement


October 29, 2018



And I'm making y'all wait until the very end of this post for that announcement. But I think it'll be worth it, because it's a big one ;D. (if you're skimming this post, please at least read the announcement bit! <3) Who's ready to chat about October-things?








It's been an interesting month. Not hectic, not super slow. There were some changes to my usual routine, but they were good changes that I think I needed (aka I took a break from a few things ;D).

I re-watched a LOT of Marvel movies with my sisters (who hadn't seen them before, so that made it that much more fun) - Thor, all the Cap movies, Homecoming, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange. And then at the end of all that...I finally watched Infinity War.

*SCREAMING*

I still can barely wrangle a coherent thought about this movie, but I LOVED Infinity War. So, so good. I'm totally counting down the days until part 2 comes out, because how dare they leave us on such a cliffhanger?? (I'll be writing a movie review on this really soon, so hopefully I'll have some coherent thoughts by then xD)

Nothing.

Nothing happened.

I was supposed to get TONS done this month - send out a beta call for my novel, finish editing said novel, enter a few contests, get some new pieces done -

- and I burned out. Utterly and completely.

That being said, around the middle of October (after a lot of praying), I decided it was time for a break. I quit any "pressure writing" (writing for contests and/or writing under deadlines) and only wrote if inspiration struck me for a short piece. I don't know when I'll be picking back up again, but it's been great to finally just chill out (because usually I don't even know HOW to chill ;D).

Which means that I'll probably be skipping NaNoWriMo this year...but we'll see. Either way, I'll be cheering all of you guys on! It's going to be a great November.




*crickets*

Yeah, just the one. Did I mention it's been an interesting month? ;D

- Porch Swing Girl by Taylor Bennett. I'd known about this book since well before it released, and somehow it still took me this long to get my hands on it? But it was WELL worth the wait - Porch Swing Girl is a super-sweet read with a super-realistic setting, I absolutely loved the Hawaiian feel it had! And the characters were AH-MAZING <3 <3 <3. It's definitely a very summer-y book (but I read it in the fall because I'm weird like that *cough*) that I totally recommend. 4 stars!

http://savannahgracewrites.blogspot.com/2018/10/cover-reveal-stars-and-soul-by-rosalie.html

http://savannahgracewrites.blogspot.com/2018/10/cover-reveal-go-teen-writers-edit-your.html

http://savannahgracewrites.blogspot.com/2018/10/book-review-fallen-leaves-by-tessa.html

http://savannahgracewrites.blogspot.com/2018/10/updates-and-opportunities-havok.html

http://pursuemagazine.net/are-you-writing-the-right-story/
(my post for Pursue magazine)
- Lisa over at Inkwell did a post in which we get to vote for what she's going to write for us! All of her stories ideas sound FANTASTIC, I literally got inspired just by reading her post. So go ahead and hop over there, because it's pretty amazing.

-  Ivie Brooks wrapped up her awesome "Why I Create" series, and it was great - here's the link to the fourth and final post, where you can find links to all the others as well.

- Rosalie Valentine (whose flash fiction collection releases in less than a month!) posted one of her stunning pieces over on her blog, and I just CAN'T with how incredible her writing is. Go read it, y'all.

- (Rosalie also did another epic post on just rolling with it when life hits, which was epic)

- Jane Maree talked about why you need a brainstorming buddy, and it's a post that I totally recommend, because I don't know what I would do without the wonderful girls who've brainstormed with me. Definitely go check that out.

- The lovely Mary Weber, Nadine Brandes, and Sara Ella are co-hosting an incredible Instagram challenge in November (in which some ARCs may or may not be given away!), and Nadine posted a YouTube video about it! You won't want to miss it ;).

- Havok magazine is still open for submissions, and they're filling up fast! If you're thinking about submitting, too, what's holding you back? Go! Submit! We can't wait to see your epic flash fiction.


And here's where I shall make that announcement I was talking about -

I'm now on YouTube and Instagram! 

...yeah, I finally decided to just do it ;D. I'm on Instagram under savannahgraceauthor, and my YouTube channel is Savannah Grace. I'd be beyond pleased if any of y'all wanted to follow me over at those new places, I"m really excited to post some new content for you guys! I'm a major newbie, but I'm having a lot of fun. I've done a couple Instagram posts already, and my first YouTube video just went up last night!

All that being what it is, I will be posting on my blog slightly less. No, I'm not leaving, it'll just be less of "five or six posts a month" and more of "two or three posts a month". So if you're wanting the usual amount of content from me, you'll have to pop on over to my YouTube and Instagram ;).

And that's about everything! I've got a lot of stuff planned for November, and if you don't want to miss anything, you'll have to be following me in all three places (here, YouTube, and Instagram)! Let me know if there's any specific things you'd like to see me doing - I'd love to know what you guys want to be seeing!  


ANYways. I hope your October was STELLAR, and that your November is even better! Keep being epic, my friend <3.


~ Savannah Grace

how was your October?
do you have any plans for November?

14 comments :

  1. YOU HAVE YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!!! (As soon as I get an account I will subscribe IMMEDIATELY because that is AMAZING! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!)

    And I totally understand skipping NaNo. It’s awful being burned out. I hope that inspiration comes back (when you’re ready, of course!).

    Have a great November, Savannah! (Counting down the days to Avengers 4 with you. That ending was INTENSE, man. XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I DO!!! And oh my gracious, THANK YOU SO MUCH, you're so sweet! <3 <3 <3

      Thank you! I'm excited to get back into my writing groove, but for now I'm okay just chilling out, haha ;D. I hope you have a wonderful November too, Nicole! <3 (Ack, yes! D; xD)

      Delete
  2. Aww, thanks for the mention!! And YAY a YouTube channel! I'm super excited to see your videos! :D And when I get Instagram, I'll definitely follow you on there. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! <3 And THANK YOU, I'm super excited to post more stuff on there for you guys! And YOU'RE THE SWEETEST, thank you!! (and I'll totally follow you back ;D)

      Delete
  3. INFINITY WAAAARRRR!!!! *screams and cries and tears hair out*

    Ahem. Okay. Just had to get that out of the way.

    I'm sorry you got major burn out this month! But I'm SO proud of you for giving in to what your body and mind needed and taking a break. You're always doing so, so much. Like seriously, I don't know how you juggle it all! You absolutely deserve a break now and again! I do hope the creative flow will return in full force soon. <333

    BUT YOU'RE ON IG AND YOUTUBE. *shrieks in excitement for a thousand years* I'M JUST SO THRILLED ABOUT THIS! I can't wait for all the epic Savannah content to come! :D

    I hope you have the most AMAZING November. I'm sad you might not be doing NaNo, but I'm also so proud of you for knowing when you need to take a step back. You just take care of yourself. Your amazing stories will still be there when you're ready! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME, OH MY GRACIOUS *JOINS YOU IN THE HAIR TEARING*

      Thank you so much, my dear Lauri! <3 <3 <3 I'm already feeling a lot better than I was before I took a break, so I'm glad I finally made that choice (even though I totally balked at it at first xD).

      AHGSLHJGJLALS YES I AM!! I'm super excited about it (even though I have basically zero idea what I'm doing xD). Thank you SO MUCH! Your excitement always motivates me ;D.

      Thank you muchly, my friend! I will be right with you cheering you on as you write Kings Bleed Gold for NaNo - I AM EXCITED FOR YOU!! You're going to do amazingly! <3

      Delete
  4. YOU'RE ON YOUTUBE TOO?? *scrambles to go subscribe*

    Taking breaks is SO GOOD, though. I'm glad you could relax this month. <3

    Also, heads up, the link to my blog post (thanks!!) actually goes to one of Rosalie's posts too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that's SO awesome!!!!! I'm definitely following you, Sav!! (Oh, I hope you don't mind me calling you that!)
    And don't worry about the writing desk....
    Inspiration can come from the most unlikely of places!! It's so epic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YouTube, that's exciting!
    I had to take a bit of a writing break myself this month. Hope you'll be inspired whenever you decide to write again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. INFINITY WAR !!!! It was so brutal.

    Aw, burnout is never a fun place to be, but I hope that you get all the rest and recharging that you need. <3

    Ooo, Insta and Youtube!! That's so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your new platforms!! This is very exciting indeed :)

    I've kind of been taking a bit of a break from pressure writing too, but in a little different of a way. I felt so wrung out after scrambling to finish my last novel before school starts, my next project is just a complete trunk story I'm working on when and where I like with basically no expectations. It's pretty nice!

    One of my friends and I also had a Marvel movie marathon leading up to watching Infinity War. It was so so awesome! I think my favorite movie we watched was Civil War, but Ragnarok was great as well.

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHH!! You have a Youtube channel! I'm so excited about that. I always love watching your vlogs, so now I'll (hopefully) have a steady stream of them!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY FOR YOUTUBE AND INSTAGRAM!!! XD I'm fairly new to Instagram as well, but YouTube is like my second home, so I can't wait to see your videos!! :D

    And OH MY WORD INFINITY WAR. *hyperventilates* I don't know how I'm not over it yet, I saw it THE DAY IT CAME OUT. AND I'M STILL SCREAMING.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun!
    Thanks for posting this, Savvy! =D
    (and HAHA i was one of the first to subscribe to your channel, so when you're all big and famous I WILL SAY IT AGAIN xD)

    Jaidyn Elise<3

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.