Updates and Opportunities + Havok Publishing is Live!


October 5, 2018



This post is a little outside the norm for me, but there's SO many things happening around the writing realm of the internet that I had to write up a quick announcements post of sorts. Trust me - this is going to be good.




Havok Publishing is LIVE!

What is Havok Publishing, you ask? Well, the imprint Havok of Splickety Publishing (which is, unfortunately, closing down soon) has broken away and will rise up like a phoenix from the flames to become HAVOK PUBLISHING on January first - but the brand new website is live TODAY and it looks phenomenal. And there's so many exciting things going down there! There's going to be stuff happening for both writers AND readers, so y'all need to scamper over HERE to check it out, because I'm not even going to try to explain how epic  this is going to be ;D.

But the most important part is that WE WANT YOUR STORIES! Havok Publishing is open for submissions right now - so please check out the submission guidelines and then send us your flash fiction, because we are super excited to start showing the world more incredible flash fiction.

And if you so feel the urge, please share about this call for submissions on social media! Havok Publishing is ready to wreak Havok and take over the world - er, show the world more amazing stories. ;)  

(also, I'm part of the team over at Havok Publishing, so if I seem a tad excited about all of this...that would be why ;D. Submit, submit! We're excited to see your lovely work!)

http://gohavok.com/


Project Canvas is holding their first contest!

And Project Canvas also has a release date! On November 15th this book of writing-related articles - written by writers all over the globe (including yours truly!) - will be released into the great wide wild. To celebrate, Project Canvas is holding The Handwritten Contest. It looks like it's going to be a ton of fun, but the deadline is October 15th - so if you want in, you'd better check out this link, pronto! ;)

https://projectcanvasbook.weebly.com/the-handwritten-contest.html


The 7th Annual "Promising Beginnings" contest is running!

Okay but first of all - that prize though. A scholarship to either Mount Hermon or the SoCal writing conference? Yes, please! The deadline for this contest is the 30th of November, so hop on over to this link and check it out before it's too late. This is a contest you definitely don't want to miss out on ;).

http://kathyide.com/7th-annual-promising-beginnings-christian-writers-contest/


Summer Storytelling is up for pre-order!

So if any of y'all are incredibly sleuth-y sleuths, you might have seen that I updated my "My Writings" page - and now there's a pre-order link to the beautiful Summer Storytelling book! Talented illustrator Kerilynn Wilson is publishing this beautiful book, which is a collection of lovely stories that she has illustrated, including Uncharted by moi ;). All the artwork inside this book is STUNNING and I can't wait to have a physical copy of all the gorgeousness. If you want to pre-order it, check out this link

https://www.kerilynnwilson.com/shop/summer-story-telling-volume-i





Tons of exciting things going on in the writing world right now, y'all! I hope you join in on some of these, they're going to be a ton of fun (especially Havok Publishing, because Y'ALL, this thing is going to be insanely epic). It's going to be amazing!

Keep being epic, my friends <3.

~ Savannah Grace 

are you going to submit to Havok?
let me know your thoughts on these, my friends!

10 comments :

  1. Ooh! What interesting websites :) I'll be sure to check them all out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the exciting things!!! Many congrats on getting some things published! That's awesome!!!!

    Congrats on being part of the team at Havok! I've been following the rise of Havok over on FB so it's fun to see that it's taking off already! Might have to go peruse the themes and see if anything sparks an idea. Though I'm not sure I do flash fiction "correctly" because I've submitted a bunch and never heard back from anyone. LOL Oh well... always ends up meaning I have some good stories short enough for the blog for those times when I'm not sure what to post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAVOK HAS THE MOST EPIC SET-UP EVER!! And it's SO COOL that you're on the team. :D

    So many opportunities! I've gotta look into the Project Canvas and Promising Beginning ones too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEEES I saw the email from Havok and I was so excited!! I makes me want to finally submit a piece to them. I didn’t know about these other contest, so thank you for sharing them!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS. SO MANY EXCITING THIIIINGS. That is EPIC about Havok. *SHRIEKS* I had heard something about this, but I hadn't looked into what their plans were until today and EEEEEEE!!! SO. MUCH. AWESOME.

    And wait wait wait wait. You're part of the Havok team?????? SAVANNAH. SAVANNAAAAAAAH. YOU ARE DOING SO MANY AMAZING THINGS I AM UTTERLY IN AWE OF YOU JUST AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Plus having things published and being part of other teams and just YOU ARE DOING BIG, EPIC THINGS AND I COULDN'T BE PROUDER!

    Thank you for sharing all of this awesomeness. Definitely stuff I need to check out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, all of this is SO SO COOL!!! I'm over here subtly freaking out about the Havok thing. I may or may not have just smashed the link and subscribed to basically everything. Aha.

    Also!! Congratulations on getting things published!!! That is SO AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun fun!
    So many exciting things going on in the writer-world. ;) =D
    Thanks for the update, sista! =D
    Jaidyn Elise<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't mind me screaming over here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is a great update, I must see this Havok website! And thanks for helping spread the word about Project Canvas!

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.