Places to Submit Your Writing to in April 2019


March 30, 2019



A new month, a new round of submissions! I'm excited to try and submit to some new places in April--want to see where?

Places to Submit Your Writing to in April 2019

DISCLAIMER: just because I am submitting to these places does not mean I'm endorsing them all as being perfectly safe or clean. Please do your research before you send your story somewhere :).  


Kid lit is really fun to write, but I don't do it very often - but when I saw that one of Cricket Media's calls for submissions this time around was (among others) Enchanted Forests, I thought I might as well give it a shot! Wordcounts and payment vary depending on what branch of Cricket Media you're writing for, but the deadline for this round of submission calls is April 1st. Better get cracking ;).  




I've always been a fan of Uncommon Universes' and their work, so I was BEYOND thrilled to hear that they're going to be publishing an anthology called A Kind of Death - AND that there's a call for submissions! The wordcount is 1k minimum, 7k maximum, payment is $25 + a contributor copy, and the deadline is April 8th. I'm very excited to submit to this one!

 


Because Writers Digest's mini-contests are always so fun to submit to! I love taking the prompt and looking at it from a new angle...and then writing a story about it (and #97's prompt is really good)! The maximum wordcount is 650, and the deadline is also April 8th. I guess that will be a busy day!



This one sounds like it could be very interesting - I mean, alternative apocalypses? So many possibilities! Sign me up! I always love wrapping my mind around an interesting story concept, and this prompt sounds like it could spawn a lot. The wordcount is 500 minimum, 5k maximum, payment is .02 cents a word, and the deadline is April 15th.



As per usual, Havok Publishing is always looking for more of your epic flash fiction! (I've seen a few of y'all from around here submitting, and it always makes me smile to see your names pop up over there!) The deadline for stories based on the Redo theme is April 19th, and the maximum wordcount is 1k. AND the themes for season two of Havok have recently been announced, so definitely go check those out, too, and see if they get your wheels turning ;).




I'll admit, I basically never write poetry...but a poetry retelling of Pandora's Box? That I might try! SO many plot bunnies already happening for a Pandora's Box poem (and y'all know retellings are my jam ;D). The maximum wordcount is 1.5k, the payment is $20, and the submissions window for this is April 14th through April 19th. 



Seeing as this is the last year I can enter High School story contests ;D. I actually have a story that I'm planning to submit already, so I'm excited for this one! The maximum wordcount is 5k, the prize is $500, and the deadline is April 30th.



If you don't know, I'm a little obsessed with putting the moon (or a moon!) in my stories - and I don't even know why? It just happens? But I was excited to hear that the prompt for this anthology was the moon. The minimum wordcount is 1k and the maximum is 5k, payment is $10 + contributor copy, and the deadline is April 30th.




And that's where I'm going to try and submit to in April! I only submitted six times in March when I meant to do twelve, so I'm hoping to do a few more than that in April ;). Here's to doing our best!

Keep being epic, my friends!

~ Savannah Grace 


are you submitting to any of these places? 
where are you hoping to submit to in April? 

16 comments :

  1. I would like to submit a few stories. Not sure if I will have time. I do like to do the blog battle challenge. I have been doing a story in parts for the blog battle challenge each month.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're able to! Submitting stories is lots of fun ;). And you write serial stories on your blog? That's awesome! *highfive* I did that for a few years on the private blog I had before this one, and it was so much fun. It's so cool that you're doing that, too!

      Delete
    2. Yes, submitting serial stories on my blog has been a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. AGH HAVOK! I'm still writing for y'all--I just haven't been able to submit any of them yet because the topics aren't open yet. But THEY'RE COMING! Promise! <3

    All of these are so awesome! I love this feature you've been doing over here <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! It's so cool that you're writing flash fiction to submit to Havok - I can't wait until the themes open up so that you can send them! (your Devil Went Down to Georgia one sounds like it's going to be REALLY cool!)

      Thanks, girl! I'm having fun with these posts, so I'm glad y'all like them! <3

      Delete
  3. “Only submitted six times”? SAVANNAH. I’M AMAZED YOU SUBMITTED TO THAT MANY PLACES!!!! *gives you lots of chocolate*

    Great post! I love that you’re compiling all these places, because I’m horrible at finding places that accept submissions. XD Hopefully I’ll submit to Havok. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GRACIOUS - THANK YOU, GIRL!! I'm a bit of a submissions junkie, haha XD. And I'm glad that you're liking these posts! (and yeeeessss, submit to Havok! :D)

      Delete
  4. I'm really glad you've been sharing all these places to submit to, because I REALLY want to start submitting to different places but I haven't done a lot of searching. I haven't written short stories in so long, so I'm excited to try getting back into it.

    I'm hoping to submit to Havok this month-- we'll see! If not now, definitely in the future!

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you're enjoying these posts! I plan to do them monthly, so there's definitely more coming ;). And ooh, yay! It would be so awesome to have you submit to Havok! <3 Best of luck with all your short story writing! Short stories are so much fun.

      Delete
  5. Oh my word, this looks fantastic. I've been meaning to submit to places this year--and that anthology looks AMAZING!!!!--but I'm doing NaNo this month, which means I might not have time to write anything besides my book. *distant weeping* Still, I might try and squeeze some extra writing on the side! Only time will tell, I guess. XD

    Good luck on all your submitting, Savannah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it just? I'm really hoping to get a story polished and submit to it! And SAME, GIRL - I'm going to go for the full 50k this Camp NaNo (something I've never done before!) so if I get anything other than that done, it'll be a miracle XD.

      Same to you, my friend! Let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  6. Fun! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look like so much fun!! I only wish I had time to submit to them...Life has been kinda crazy for me of late... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already doing my usual "OH! look at the deadline flying past outside the window, GOODBYE!" thing, so ... yeah, I don't think I'll have time to submit to all of these, either XD. I hope you have time to do a couple though, short stories are so fun! :D

      Delete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.