Introducing Fairy Tale Central


April 6, 2019



If you've been poking around the blogosphere anytime in the last week, you've probably seen that something NEW has just started - something that you guys will love!

Judging by the title of this post, you say, perhaps it is a place for lovers of fairytales and fairytale-retellings?

Yes! The brilliant minds of Christine Smith, Arielle Bailey, and Faith White have put together just such a place - and I have the honor of getting to tell you about it! Care to pull a chair and listen for a mo'? ;)








Once Upon a Time two girls had a dream. A dream of a fairy tale site, an internet library, if you will, for all the fairy tale lovers of the land to gather and converse. To learn, to read, to fangirl/boy, to bask in the goodness that is fairy tales.

As this dream blossomed, the two girls recruited a third. Because, after all, all good fairy tales come in themes of three.

With the third member in place, the girls got to work. The dream began to take shape, until it was no longer just a dream. But something real.

Introducing ... 




This newly launched site run by Arielle Bailey, Faith White, and Christine Smith, is your source for all things fairy tales.


Every month a single fairy tale will be featured, and posts will include:
 
       Reviews for retellings/shows/movies/etc. 
       Essay, origin, and discussion posts on the featured fairytale 
       Interviews with fairy tale retelling authors 
       Galleries featuring fairy tale artists and artisans 
       And a whole lot more!

The FTC’s goal is to unlock the magic that is fairy tales and build a community of fellow fairy tale enthusiasts. Arielle, Faith, and Christine are thrilled to share this new fairy tale centric space and connect with all you epic fairy tale fans!

You can CLICK HERE to find the site and join the Fairy Ring! (Don’t worry, you won’t be enchanted or cursed.) And, if you want to connect even more, you can find the FTC on:

       Facebook
       Instagram
       Twitter
       Pinterest

(If you’re inclined to share about the FTC in those places too, you may or may not be blessed by a fairy godmother.)

Do tell a friend, or a dragon, or the fairy living in the hollow tree behind your house. All humans and mythological creatures alike are welcome, so what are you waiting for? Come join the fairytale fun!


Isn't it exciting? I've already popped over to the site (*cough*lots of times*cough*) and it looks like an absolute blast! I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of epic stuff is posted over there. If you love any kind of fairytale, definitely go check it out! It's going to be a lot of fun ;).

Keep being epic, my friends! <3  

~ Savannah Grace

have you checked out Fairy Tale Central?
what's the last fairytale retelling you read?

16 comments :

  1. It’s so EXCITING, isn’t it??? I’ve been visiting their site a TON and AAAAAHHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so gorgeous??? Fairytales!! Everywhere! I am in love! :D I can't wait to see what other stuff they do with the site!

      Delete
  2. *HAPPY FLAILING* Thank you for helping us spread the word! I'M SO EXCITED!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU FOR STARTING THIS SITE, I TOO AM SO EXITED! ;D I'm so stoked to see what you guys do with it, Christine! <3

      Delete
  3. It's so pretty and I'm so excited for what's to come! I just love the whole idea of it. :D

    I'm pretty sure the last fairytale retelling I read was The Orphan's Wish by Melanie Dickerson!

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously is the best idea! So many of us LOVE fairytale/retellings, so it's legit the PERFECT site to start. And oooh, I think I've heard of The Orphan's Wish - is that her Aladdin retelling? Did you like it?

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's the Aladdin one! And yes, I liked it very much. I think it's my favorite out of the last few she's written!

      theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. That's awesome, I'll have to pick it up from my library! Thanks for the recommendation! :D

      Delete
  4. random fact: Fairy ring is also when a ring of mushrooms grows. In landscaping when a fairy ring grows, it is considered a lawn disease .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, my lawn must be fairly diseased, because we get the coolest fairy rings in the summer time - I love them! XD

      Delete
  5. THIS IS SO AWESOME. <3 <3 <3

    I want to post about it, but I also want to just link to THIS post, Savannah, because it's so whimsical and fun. *heart eyes*

    Some days I just really like the internet. =D

    -Hanna
    takingmytime.rothfuss.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ISN'T IT JUST?? And I can't take any credit for it, because this whimsical post (isn't it the cutest??) actually came from Christine and the other gals who write for Fairy Tale Central! It was pretty much a cut and paste :D. They did SUCH a great job - and all the Fairy Tale Central stuff is just as cute, I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT IT! :D <3333

      Delete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.