The (second) Q&A vlog - Part Two


December 23, 2017



  Let's see what kind of crazy part two holds, yes?


The (second) Q&A vlog - part two



 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   Okay, yeah - important note to self: Savannah can't read aloud xD.

   SO I figured I'd throw the prologue from Asher Grey into the post itself, so that you guys can read it without being tortured by my "skills" xD ...





“It’s hard to know that you’ll never remember me.”
I scratch the words into the dirt at my feet and then bite the tip of my bark-turned-pencil, trying to chase away my tears with the disgusting taste of tree.
I will not cry.
I blow out a deep breath and yank the bark out of my mouth, placing its tip back in the dirt.
“And it’s hard to know I’ll always remember you. But I have to do this. It might be the only way to save you. If everyone could just forget me…maybe you’ll be okay.”
One teardrop falls onto my words, leaving a dark smudge in the dirt. I sigh, and keep writing.
“I love you. I really do. I was going to ask you to marry me, but I think you would have been killed if I did. So I’m going to make the world forget me instead. It’s the only way to save you. I love you, and I think I always have.”
I sign my name at the end of my letter-in-the-dirt. Asher Grey. That’s all.
Too bad she’ll never see it. I can’t leave her anything that could trigger a remembrance of me, but I had to write it down.
I rip my smarting eyes away from the words, and they land on the bottle sitting next to me.
It looks so innocent. But it’s not.
In that bottle swirls the softly-glowing liquid that spells out my doom, and her salvation. The potion that will make everyone forget me.
I slowly pick up the bottle, and pop out the cork.
Before I can do anything stupid, I stand and erase my dirt-words with one scuff of my shoe. And then I tilt my head and toss back whatever’s in the bottle. I choke, but get it all down.
As I swallow, my blood turns to ice.
And I know the world has forgotten Asher Grey.        




   So there's that! It's a wee bit better in written form, ha xD.

   I hope y'all enjoyed the last half of the vlog, and that you all have the very merriest of Christmases! You guys are the best . <3 <3 <3

~ Savannah Grace 

should I start doing more vlogs? 
do you guys have any Christmas plans? chat with me, y'all <3 

14 comments :

  1. MEH FAVORITE GALS. <333 These always, always, always make me walk away from them smiling! The reindeer at the end. XD

    AND OH MY WORD DAT ASHER GREY SNIPPET.
    :O
    :O
    :O
    It is so chilling and gorgeous and heartbreaking and AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! I AM IN LOVE!

    I do hope you and your whole precious family has the most beautiful Christmas! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW, YOU'RE THE SWEETEST <3. I didn't even know Ariel HAD that reindeer, so that was quite a surprise xD.

      Oh my gracious, I'M SO GLAD you like it!!! It's one of my favorite parts of the book :D. I hope you had your family had a lovely Christmas as well! <3

      Delete
  2. The story sample you shared is so AMAZING! I'm really curious about your story now!

    - Madeline Joy
    towerofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Madeline - I'm glad you liked it! <3

      Delete
  3. Oooooo.......that gets me every.single.time!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! That was a great snippet!

    Such a fun Vlog! I always love watching your vlogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah! And I'm glad you enjoyed the vlog <3.

      Delete
  5. I liked hearing you read! It was so fun to hear it in your voice. <3
    I want to talk to my parents about Iscariot, but my book list is already overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad you didn't die trying to figure out what I was saying! xD

      My book list is currently trying to kill me in my sleep ... we have issues xD. But yes, you should talk to them about it! There's some sketchy stuff in it, and the first six chapters or so are kind of depressing, but overall, it's an AMAZING book.

      Delete
  6. HAHAHA THAT WAS SO FUN. xD AND THAT SNIPPPPPEEEET!!!! I can't wait for your story to win the contest dude. God's given you amaaaazing talent! <3
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HAVE SEEN THAT GIF. I use it all the time. XD

    I REALLY want to watch all the Marvel movies again! *is super scared about Infinity War* But wait DID I HEAR WRONG? YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THOR RAGNAROK YET? *dies* You MUST watch it! XD

    Not much into Youtube? That's great because it's such a time sucker, haha. XD It CONSTANTLY kills all my time. :P

    GAH THAT SNIPPET. *clutches heart* I seriously need to read this book, Savannah. PLEASE. XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!
    Fiction is definitely the best! My dad only reads non-fiction. He tries to read fiction, but he can never bring himself to. lol

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.