Movie Review - Infinity War


November 13, 2018


   Beware, my friend - major spoilers and gifs abound here with no rhyme or reason. Also, much raving.

   Be thee warned.


4 Stars
I honestly had a REALLY hard time figuring out what to rate this movie, but I ended up going with a very solid four stars. Infinity War was one of the best movies I've seen so far in 2018, and I'm SUPER excited to tell you guys about it!


 - Thanos. WOW okay this is a weird one to start off on. But Thanos was an incredible villain. Not only was he super powerful, but he legit thought that what he was doing was right. It's villains like that that are the scariest. I thought Marvel did an epic job with him - maybe even better than they did with Loki. Loki was a riot, but Thanos felt real. (I might write a Loki vs. Thanos type post later, because I have a lot to say on that topic) 


- THE FEELS. I'd accidentally read spoilers as to who died in Infinity War, but actually watching it happen still hit HARD. Especially Spiderman's. Oh my gracious. I don't think I"ll ever get over that one. And Doctor Strange. And Black Panther. And BUCKY. It was just all so SUDDEN and then the movie just ENDS and - yeah okay, I better stop before I get carried away. xD

- The "teams". The way they grouped the characters together was so perfect - they did everything they could to cause conflict and hilarity (or moments that made people scream YAS because our favorite characters were finally interacting!). It was WAY too much fun watching all of the characters join forces.


- How it pulled everything together. Infinity War was THE BIG MOVIE, the one we've been waiting for for ages - we'd been teased by Thanos showing up a little in GotG, hearing mention of the Infinity Stones (or having the Infinity Stones actually be in some of the movies, like in Doctor Strange), etc. So we all came into this movie knowing it was the climax movie for the Marvel franchise, and we had some pretty large expectations. And Marvel absolutely crushed it, in my opinion. It was great.

- Heaps of language. Which I expected because a) it's a Marvel movie and b) it's a Marvel movie with the Guardians in it. Ahem. But yeah...could have done without it. xD  

- Too many characters. Alright, I WILL say that this was definitely a "it's good for you, but not for me" type thing. I know a lot of people liked seeing all the Marvel characters in one movie (I did, too), and Marvel handled the overload of characters pretty well, but I almost felt like there was just too many people at once? I LOVED having them all there, but I feel like there wasn't enough time to give some of the characters the attention they deserved. So there's that ;D.

- Loki's death. Alright, fine, now I'm really getting picky here - it's not so much that I don't like the fact that he died, but I don't like how they chose to have him die. I mean, in the first five minutes of the movie? Just like that? NO RESPECT, people xD. I don't know, but something didn't feel right about it. Something was off. So...yeah, it goes on the list of dislikes ;D.(*cough* I don't think he's dead *cough*)



Infinty War was a worthy "climax movie" for the Marvel franchise, I REALLY enjoyed it - I loved seeing all the characters coming together as one big massive chaotic team ;D. If you haven't seen it yet, what are you waiting for??? Go! Watch it!

And then we can cry together as we wait for Infinity War 2 to release.

Because that's what we do ;D.

ANYways, those are my (somewhat coherent) thoughts on Infinity War! Now I'm counting down the days until the second half releases, because HOW DARE we be left on such a cliffhanger?? At least they're giving us a Captain Marvel movie to tide us over until then - I'm hoping that one will be pretty good. We'll see!

(also, for those of you deep down in the depths of NaNoWriMo - YOU GUYS ROCK - I just uploaded a YouTube video with tips on how to survive the rest of this month! If you're interested, here's the link <3)

Keep being epic, my friends!    

~ Savannah Grace 


have you seen Infinity War? WHAT DID YOU THINK?
should I do a Loki versus Thanos post?

17 comments :

  1. Great review! We definitely agree on Loki! I couldn't believe how quickly they took him out. Something is off about it! Can't wait for part two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think everyone agrees about Loki, honestly ;D. And YES - counting down the days!

      Delete
  2. Love this review, Savannah! I absolutely LOVED "Infinity War", and THE scenes at the end, oh my word. Bucky and Spider-Man's deaths were the saddest to me...but I know they're coming back, but still. *ugly sobbing*

    And I totally get your point about too many characters, although it didn't bother me. I think they handled it really well, with switching between space, Wakanda, etc. And Loki's death! That was so unexpected and yes, something felt off about that. maybe he's not dead??? idk xD

    CANNOT wait for the second part! And we still haven't gotten a title or trailer?? ugh hopefully soon ;).

    ooh, a Loki vs. Thanos post would be really interesting! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya muchly, Allison! ALL THE ENDING SCENES, YES *sobs*. I definitely agree about Bucky and Spiderman's being the worst - IT STILL HURTS ;D.

      I mean, seeing as Loki and death kind of have a bad track record already ... ;D. I'm super super excited to see what happens in part 2! Marvel's going to have to do something pretty epic to top Infinity War, in my opinion.

      (I might just have to do one then!)

      Delete
  3. *cough* LOKI IS STILL ALIVE. HE IS. *cough*

    Thanos was a great villain: I hated him SO DANG MUCH. I have no respect for him whatsoever. -_-

    Can’t wait for Avengers 4, but for now this review is good enough! (And I’m DEFINITELY checking out that YouTube video!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cough* I AGREE IN FULL *cough*

      Wasn't he though?? Gracious, yes, I hated him so much. Part 2 CANNOT come fast enough!! (and oh my gracious, thank you!! <3 <3)

      Delete
  4. YES, I AGREE ABOUT LOKI!!! I mean, I knew he would die, but I didn't like how or when he died. And yes, PLEASE do a Loki vs. Thanos post!!! Speaking of Thanos, I loved him! He was a very complex character, because he sincerely thought he was doing right, and that's what made him truly terrifying.

    I also kind of think that everyone who died is going to come back... because I think Dr. Strange knew what he was doing :D (I don't remember exactly what he said because I haven't watched it in a while). But yeah... that's my theory :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME - I'd only read that Loki died, and then I asked a friend WHEN he died...and they said in the first five minutes?? I about passed out from shock! ;D I totally agree that Thanos was super-complex, Marvel did an AMAZING job with him. (and I'm now definitely planning on getting a Loki vs. Thanos post up in the near future!)

      Same, same! He said something along the lines of "it was what had to be done" to Stark right before he dissipated. I can't wait to see what happens!

      Delete
  5. I knew going into the movie that there were deaths. Didn't know who, but I knew there were several. But after watching that ending... Man, I never suspected the deaths would be like... like THAT. *curls into fetal position on floor*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME, SAME - even expecting them, they were HARD, good gracious! I'M STILL NOT OKAY *curls into fetal position, too*

      Delete
  6. Thanos is an ugly purple grape and how dare he.

    My dislikes were: not enough Bucky (and his death was way too abrupt); not enough Loki (also killing him, rude, but it's not like he has a good track history with staying dead); I thought Shuri and Peter were going to meet?? but apparently that was just the fandom imagining things.

    Also, the movie ended. That was rude. xD

    (I did like why Loki died, though! and the way he pretended not to care and then snapped because that's his brother...)

    And I will read any posts involving Loki, Savannah. xP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truer words were never spoken.

      YES, I NEEDED MORE BUCKY, TOO. Honestly, I just need another Cap movie. They shouldn't have stopped at three ;D. And YAS, a meeting between Shuri and Peter would have been epic, oh my word.

      I mean, right? xD

      (AGH, SAME. That made it hurt EVEN MORE *cries*)

      Well then, I'll have to do the Loki vs. Thanos post real soon! ;D

      Delete
  7. Basically yes to ALL of this!

    Thanos was definitely a formidable villain! I mean, I hate him with every fiber of my being and if he doesn't die a horrible, painful, agonizing death in the next movie, I'm gonna be mad. But yeah, I guess that means they did good. XD And oh my goodness, a comparison post between him and Loki would be fascinating!

    Speaking of Loki. "...it's not so much that I don't like the fact that he died, but I don't like how they chose to have him die." <---THISSS. I was kind of expecting a Loki death, BUT, within the first five minutes??? I have waited years, YEARS, for Loki to choose good and team up with the Avengers. When this movie came out I thought FINALLY, finally it was happening! And then...he just...died. WUT??? I just wanted one movie, JUST ONE, where he's not the enemy and this is what they did? UGH. Not okay. And, yes, it was WAY too quick and lame of a death. Loki deserved a big epic battle to die in, not THIS. Sooo, because of all that, I'm also convinced he may not be dead after all. He better not be... >.>

    Anyyyways, had to rant a bit. XD This review was spot on.

    AND JUST THE FEEEEELS. I WILL NEVER RECOVER. *collapses*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *jumps in* Now you mention it, maybe that's why the whole Loki thing felt like we were cheated?? We were waiting for a team-up.

      Delete
  8. Yeah, I support your Loki theory 100%. And I agree about too many characters. I feel like there were a few that could have been excluded (none of the major ones) that would have made things feel less chaotic, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I remmeber thinking that Loki can't die right at the BEGINNING of the movie. I also agree that there were so many characters in this movie. I wish certain actors got more screen time.

    Elle Inked @ Keep on Reading

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see another person in the 'Loki-is-NOT-DEAD' club. XD

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.