How I'm Bullet Journaling (as a writer and student) In 2019


January 15, 2019


Spoiler alert: I was very much not into the idea of bullet journals when they first became cool. I mean, a journal that's supposed to help you plan things and be organized and save time, and yet you spend so much time making it look pretty that you actually end up wasting time?

*is suspicious*

But then...I started my own bullet journal. I may or may not be addicted now ;D. So I thought I would give y'all a peek into my bullet journal today, and show you how I'm utilizing it as both a writer and a student.



- The Index Pages -
(which I don't have a picture of because they're blank and boring ;D) 

I'm not using the assigned index pages as an actual index (*cough* like normal, sane people*cough*) I decided to use it as an acquisitions tracker for 2019. Like I said in my Hello 2019 post, I want to get more serious about submitting my work this year, so I decided that it would be nice to have a page where I can track everything that I publish this year. Very excited to start filling this in! 


- Title Page -

(you can click on any of these pics to blow them up, just fyi) I don't know what I was doing here, you guys. That design? What even is it? SO SPINDLY. But I wanted to do a bit of a nautical sketch, so this strange mash-up of ship's wheel and anchor was born. I need to be more creative, y'all ;D.


- 2019 at a Glance -

This is super helpful so that I don't have to pull out my phone and go scrolling through calendars when I'm planning out what's going to happen in future months/weeks (and for when I'm making my new bullet journal layouts and need to remember what day is what).


- Future Log -

The color scheme though. Savannah, darling - creamsicle orange and lime green DO NOT GO TOGETHER. Not even in alternate universes. Sheesh ;D. But the future log (I have the other months written on the subsequent pages) is where I'm going to be writing stuff like upcoming deadlines or other events I need to remember. Because my brain can't hold onto everything ;D.


- 2019 Goals / Important Dates -

This is helpful for all those birthdays I keep forgetting about xD. I don't know how much the goals page will get used, but I suppose we'll see. (however, again, that color scheme. Why, Savvy. Why even)


- Social Media Tracker -

I thought it would be fun to have a tracker so that I can see the growth I have on all my social media platforms during this new year. I'm curious to see how it turns out in the end!



- JANUARY LAYOUT -

I actually just did a YouTube video on my entire January bullet journal layout (*cough* which looks way better because I learned to use better colors *cough*), so I won't bore y'all with it again (you can check out the video right here if you haven't seen it yet!), but I thought I'd still show you one of my favorite layouts. Because I can't help it ;).


- Timetable and Sketch Page -

I've only started using a timetable to keep track of what I'm doing with my time in 2019, but I LOVE it. It's super helpful when I'm trying to figure out what I need to change to give myself more time for a project, and when I'm trying to figure out if I have time to fit in another project. Highly recommend. And this art piece was just really fun to do <3. (also, I rather think my massively blue theme for January is way better than ... whatever colors were happening in my beginning-of-the-year layouts xD)



And there's a peek into my bullet journal for this year! I'm having way too much fun using it and doodling around in it (it's seriously SO helpful for keeping everything organized and helping me be more productive!). Do any of y'all bullet journal? Let me know in the comments!

Keep being epic, y'all <3. 

~ Savannah Grace 

do you bullet journal? 
how do you stay organized?
 

28 comments :

  1. NO I AM NOT SCREAMING BECAUSE SAVANNAH GRACE POSTED A BULLET JOURNAL POST AND VIDEO. TOTALLY NOT COMING OUT OF MY HIATUS TO SCREAM MORE. DEFINITELY NOT.

    Gah, your journal is so artsy and organized and I LOVE IT! I honestly was really hesitant about starting one, but then I began one this month (go figure :P) and it’s SO AWESOME!!!!

    (Also, are you learning Korean? I happened to notice that on the last page.... <33333)

    Great post! (Now, if you’ll excuse me, I must go back through the Hiatus Portal once more..... *disappears rather suddenly*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASGLGLAISUUALHSG NICOLE, YOUR COMMENT <3 <3 <3. Your enthusiasm seriously has me grinning like crazy over here :D.

      THANK YOU so much, girl!! And I totally agree, bullet journaling is LEGIT the best, I love that it can be both artsy and REALLY helpful with organization. What's your favorite spread that you've done in your journal so far?

      (nope, but I wish I was! Korean is such a hard language though, haha - but I used Google Translate to help write Blue Lily on that page ;D. So happy you noticed! Are you learning Korean?)

      Delete
  2. It's so pretty!!! I was kind of suspicious of bullet journaling for the same reason, and especially because I'm not artistic and have 0 interest in making the pages pretty. But yours looks really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya muchly, Julian! And you should seriously try starting one of your own someday - artistic-ness is totally not needed for bullet journaling (though I totally bet you could be artistic if you wanted to be, you're so talented!), and IT IS SO HELPFUL for organizing stuff. Glad you enjoyed getting a look at mine! <3

      Delete
  3. Okay, I was hesitant to join the bullet journal scene too, but now... Now I want to make one. Shoot. xD Yours is so incredible, and that sketch!! Beautiful, well done. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gracious, girl, YES, you should totally make a journal! I would LOVE to see what spreads you come up with! And THANK YOU, I had way too much fun with that ;D.

      Delete
  4. OH MY WORD THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. I'm not artsy in this way AT ALL so I haven't even attempted bullet journaling, lol. But yours is AMAZING and it's kind of making me want to try! (too much work and too much time....*keeps telling self that over and over* XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAHH, THANK YOU SO MUCH, FAITH! <3 And girl, you could TOTALLY be artsy if you wanted to - I didn't have an artsy bone in my body until I decided "hey, Savannah's brain, WE ARE ART-ING NOW" xD. You should seriously try it, I would love to see a bullet journal done by you! (WHO NEEDS TIME ;D)

      Delete
  5. This is SO PRETTY! And I admire you for keeping a bullet journal and getting all organised! (I imagine the setting it up and decorating can be a bit of a nice way to unwind too?!) I have a reading journal but no bullet journal yet 😂I don't think I have enough to write down haha. But someday I'd love to do it properly. The tracking pages are always SO cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, Cait! And oh my gracious, yes - I love listening to YouTube videos or music (Imagine Dragons, anyone? xD) while doodling in it. (and I would LOVE to see you do one someday, Cait, you're so crazy artistic!) And YES, the tracking pages are a MASSIVE amount of help, I love them! <3

      Delete
  6. I love your spreads, especially that last one! I like how you take the ideas of bullet journaling you like and then put your own spin on them. I don't think I could ever have a bullet journal; I'm such a perfectionist, and I'd end up hating it. That's just me, though! xD

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, Eleanor! The last spread is one of my favorites so far :D. And, girl, I am THE BIGGEST perfectionist, but bullet journaling is still so much fun! 10/10 would recommend you try it one of these days ;).

      Delete
  7. This was a fun post!! Thanks for sharing! =D

    I do bullet journal- LOL like you didn't know.....xD
    But, I'm not really an organized person, so I'm not /really/ using it for an organized purpose. =;D

    But, yeah, I enjoyed seeing this post, and hope to see more like it in the future!! =D <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoops that comment under Ariel Faith was actually me, forgot to change the account! =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I knew it was you ;D. And yup, it's super fun that the bullet journals can be used more like journals, or more for organization (or both! #multipurpose) Glad you enjoyed this post, Jai! <3

      Delete
    2. Yeah, was it because of the exclamation marks? xD
      I know! And to practice being more artsy.
      Me too!! xD Lol.

      Jaidyn Elise

      Delete
  9. This looks so nice! I started a art journal a while ago which is fun. Haven't tried bullet journaling but I might some time:)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rakayle! And ooh, you have an art journal? That's so cool! *highfive* How do you use it?

      Delete
  10. I love your designs and ideas! I just started a bullet journal for the first time this year and I'm really digging it so far. :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily! <3 And YES, isn't it awesome? It's so cool that you've started one, too! What kinds of spreads are you especially enjoying so far?

      Delete
  11. Awesome post. I've only sort-of-kind-of-maybe bullet journaled, but there's so many good ideas here I might start doing it more! You are crazy talented, FYI, and I really liked your nautical sketch. =)

    -Hanna
    takingmytime.rothfuss.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend! And oooh, you've (sort-of-kind-of-maybe ;)) bullet journaled, too? That's awesome. And YES, you should totally do it more! BULLET JOURNALS ARE AWESOME *has suddenly become the bullet journal ambassador* ;D. (and thank you so much, girl!! You're the sweetest <3)

      Delete
  12. These are so pretty, Savannah! This is a really cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya muchly, Maddie! Glad you enjoyed the post <3.

      Delete
  13. Aaaah, your bullet-journal is gorgeous! I don't bother making mine fancy because I'm not really a doodly person and I knew that if I tried to make it look perfect I'd never use it. XD So mine is just functional instead of pretty, and I definitely need to figure out how to utilize it better, but it's sooo handy and I love it! Yours looks fab!!! I may have to borrow a couple of your ideas.

    Also, is that Korean writing on your art doodle page and what does it say? (I should totally know, considering my parents lived there for a couple of years, before I was born, but I never learned it even though I've always meant to at least learn the alphabet! XD)

    Best wishes on your new year and bulletjournaling, m'dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this so much! I'm actually planning on writing a post on my own bullet journal soon!

    I love bullet journaling. When I first started seeing it around the Internet I wasn't sure how well it would work for me, but I thought it looked cool so I gave it a try. And it's amazing!

    Your bullet journal is so gorgeous and hey, my January color theme is blue too! Although I definitely don't have all that lovely artwork in mine. xD

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.