Where I'm Submitting to in March


March 1, 2019


I'm a couple sucker when it comes to open submissions. I LOVE writing short pieces, and it's so much fun to send them off and see how they do. I've been working on submitting to places more often in 2019, which of course means I'm submitting to a lot of different places in March! Multiple people have asked me to share where I'm submitting to, so I thought I would do a roundup of some of the places that I'll be sending my stories to next month.

Let's dig right in!





DISCLAIMER: just because I am submitting to these places does not mean I'm endorsing them all as being perfectly safe or clean. Please do your research before you send your story somewhere :). 




I submit to anthologies all the live-long time, and this one seems like it could be pretty interesting to write for. The theme is - go figure - Solarpunk stories that take place in Winter, the payment is $0.01 per word + a contributor copy, and the maximum word count is 8k (as far as I know, there's no minimum?). The submissions period closes on March 11th, so we'll see if I have time to submit something!




Y'all know that flash fiction is my jam, and as I'm competitive by nature ... yeah, I'll be entering the flash fiction portion of this contest for sure ;D. There's also a poetry portion, along with a short story portion, which also sounds really cool. The deadline is March 3rd (so soon!), and I'm really looking forward to submitting.


It's always nice to find some places where I might be able to submit already-written pieces, instead of needing to whip together something new within a short time frame. And I think I have one or two pieces that might be a good fit for Gordan Square Review, so that will probably be a place I submit to in March. Their maximum is 5k (not sure about a minimum, though they do accept flash fiction), and they pay $25 per accepted prose piece. The deadline is March 15th.   



Okay, not really - I'm one of Havok's editors, so it would be slightly odd if I submitted to it ;D. But Havok is a great place to submit to for those of you who like to dabble in flash fiction, and submissions are open for multiple different themes right now! So definitely go and check that out - we would love to consider your stories!



Short alien story? Yeah, also right up my alley. Castrum Press is looking for submissions for their Alien Days anthology, and seeing as the word count range is 3k - 10k, I think I should have time to submit! The deadline is March 29th, and accepted submissions will receive a percentage of net profits.


Okay, ANY story written in letter(like) form would be hard (and very interesting!) to write, but a HORROR story written that way? Even more so. And I am so up for the challenge ;D. I definitely think it could be very fun to give this kind of story a shot, and I really want to see what I can do with it. The maximum wordcount is 10k, the payment is $0.05 + a contributor's copy, and the deadline is March 31st.





And here's a contest that I meant to enter the last time it was held (it's held quarterly), but ran out of time for. So I'm going for it again in March! (the panel of judges is insanely intimidating though O.O) The maximum wordcount is 17k, and the first place prize is $1,000. The deadline is March 31st, and even though that's a little far away right now, I have a feeling I need to get to work pretty soon ;D. I might be a fast(ish) writer, but not THAT fast!



I've submitted to Cosmic Roots before, but the pieces I've sent thus far haven't been accepted - but I'd love to give it another shot! They accept exactly the kind of story I like to write - weird and fantastical speculative fiction. They pay $0.06 per word, with 1k as the minimum and ... no maximum? But they do say shorter pieces will be favored, haha. The deadline is March 28th, and I'm very excited to submit to Cosmic Roots and Eldritch Shores again!




The Writing District has a monthly writing contest (the deadline is always the last day of the month), and I love that it's always open theme - I can go wild with whatever I want to enter! XD There is an age limit for this one (18 or older), the maximum wordcount is 3k, and the prize each month is $50. If you have any short stories lying around that you haven't found a good place to submit to yet, definitely check out The Writing District's contest!



And there are the places that I'm submitting to in March! It's my goal to get to them all, but I suppose I'll have to wait until April to see if that actually happens or not ;D. Are you submitting to any of these places? Where are you submitting to in March?

Keep being epic, my friends! <3  

~ Savannah Grace 

are you submitting to any of these places? 
where are you hoping to submit to in March?

13 comments :

  1. Oh my word, you’re submitting to SO MANY PLACES!!! I hope you get accepted into at least most of them!

    (Gosh, yeah, I really need to submit something to Havok! Eventually I’ll get around to it. . . .)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND FEELING THE STRESS OF IT, YES xD. Thank you so much, girl!!! <3

      (YES, do it!! I'd love to see you get published there, it would be so epic!)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with submitting, Savannah Grace!! I probably won’t be submitting in March, but I’ll have to bear these places in mind for future months!! I have a few sci-fi short stories that wouldn’t mind some attention. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya muchly, Danielle! And best of luck with all of your submitting, too, whenever you do it ;). (the market for short sci-fi stories is really good right now, so I bet you'll get some acquired!)

      Delete
  3. I've intended to actually get around to submitting short stories/flash fiction to somewhere, but it's never gone further than a random passing thought. XD I really should do it though. xP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS POST - thank you dear!! you should consider doing this every month??? Or just listing, you know. *is making you do the hard work on behalf of me* ANYWAY THIS WAS A BRILLIANT IDEA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GIRL. You utterly amaze me at how much you're able to juggle. I don't know how you do it. o.o

    But EEEEP. This is so exciting! I am SO proud of you for submitting to so many place. You're seriously what I aspire to be as a writer! Also knowing about these things is FABULOUS. I'm off to bookmark a lot of these. THANK YOU for sharing. I've been wanting to try my hand at submitting to places, so this post came at the PERFECT time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh fun!! Thanks for sharing!
    Maybe I should submit one somewhere.....xD
    You're going to do amazing. I'll totally be like "I know her!! I know her!!" When your famous. xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing all of these! I'm super excited to check them out. I've been wanting to submit to some different places, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm inspired. ;P

    Also, good luck with all your submissions! I admire you for wanting to submit to so many places. :D

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like some fun plans you have :)! The horror one dose sound interesting. I might look into these story places but I'm very busy...so I will have to see.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck with all your submissions! I'll definitely come back to this post when I'm starting to look at doing similar things myself. It's a great roundup of a bunch of places that look like they'd be pretty up my alley.

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, that's so EPIC!! That's so awesome that you're submitting to so many places!! You are like a superhero, for real. XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best of luck with submissions! I'm thinking of submitting to Havok again. They didn't take my first piece, but I had so much fun writing it. I would love to try again.

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.