Story Embers: Six Practical Steps for Developing Consistent Writing Habits


May 20, 2019


Guess what's hard?

If you said fending off plot bunnies, writing by osmosis, or managing your writing time, YOU ARE CORRECT! ;D

And today the stellar Maddie Morrow and I have co-written an article for Story Embers, talking about some practical ways to better manage your writing time. It was super fun to work together on this article and share our thoughts on the topic (I learned quite a bit from her!), so I hope it's helpful to y'all as well!

(someday a day shall come when we learn how to write by osmosis and make plot-bunny repellent, but it is not this day)


image not mine

 
One of the most common tips writers hear is “Just write.” Though that’s a true sentiment, it’s also deceptively simple. How are you supposed to write amid school, family, jobs, sports, church functions, and other activities?

First and foremost, you must want time to write. Otherwise you’ll never rally the motivation to incorporate it into your schedule. Second, you need to experiment with different tactics to see which ones help you fit writing into your busy life. Together the two of us ladies have compiled a list that describes how to achieve writing productivity while balancing other obligations.


Read the rest of the article on STORY EMBERS 



~ Savannah Grace

happy reading!

7 comments :

  1. Amazing post! You two ladies really nailed it! School literally just released TODAY, so this came at the perfect time! <3

    (Also, Savannah - I’m so sorry, but I didn’t read that part in Sam's voice. 😢)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole, I'm so glad you liked it! :D And oh my word, YAY for school being out!!! AAAAALLL the time to write <3.

      (AH! Shame on you!! XD You are penalized with another re-through of LOTR! ;D XD)

      Delete
  2. Great post, Savannah! I'm always trying to find better ways to balance consistent writing with everything else on my schedule. And utilizing those extra minutes you have throughout the day definitely helps!

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya muchly, Emily! :D And SAME, girl - I struggle SO much with writing consistently sometimes, haha. I hope some of our tips help you find an easier way to write consistently!

      Delete
  3. I needed that post, nothing about my writing is consistent. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #relates XD

      I hope some of our tips were helpful, though! <3

      Delete
  4. AGH congrats on the article! And man...It really makes me see that I could (and should) be waaaay more on top of things, writing-wise. XD

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.