ASK THE AUTHOR - Questions for the July Edition


June 16, 2018



   It's time for the second edition of Ask The Author! I've got three all-stars who've kindly agreed to answer your writing questions (these ladies are some of the most amazing writers out there <3). I'm very excited about this round of Ask The Author - I have a feeling it's going to be epic ...

Ask The Author - questions for the July edition [post title image]




   If you guys need a catch up on how Ask The Author runs over here on Inspiring Writes, it's pretty simple: submit your questions down in the comments (the deadline for question submission is June 30th!), then I'll pick out about ten-fifteen of the questions submitted, and these lovely authors will be back to answer them in early July.

   And now you're probably wondering who is here to answer your questions, yes? Well, I'm very happy to introduce you to ...


Gillian Bronte Adams [headshot image]



Gillian Bronte Adams is a sword-wielding, horse-riding, wander-loving fantasy author, rarely found without a coffee in hand and rumored to pack books before clothes when she hits the road. Working in youth ministry left her with a passion for journeying alongside children and teens. (It also enhanced her love of coffee.) Now, she writes novels that follow outcast characters down broken roads, through epic battles, and onward to adventure. And at the end of a long day of typing, she can be found saddling her wild thing and riding off into the sunset, seeking adventures of her own (and more coffee). She loves to connect with fellow readers and wanderers online on her blog, Facebook page, and Instagram.






Tessa Emily Hall [headshot image]

Tessa Emily Hall is an award-winning author who writes inspirational yet authentic YA fiction to show teens they’re not alone. Her passion for shedding light on clean entertainment and media for teens led her to a career as an Associate Agent at Hartline Literary Agency, YA Acquisitions Editor for Illuminate YA (LPC Imprint), and Founder/Editor of PursueMagazine.net. Tessa's first teen devotional, COFFEE SHOP DEVOS, will release with Bethany House in 2018. She's guilty of making way too many lattes and never finishing her to-read list. When her fingers aren’t flying 116 WPM across the keyboard, she can be found speaking to teens, decorating art journals, and acting in Christian films. Her favorite way to procrastinate is by connecting with readers on her blog, mailing list, social media (@tessaemilyhall), and website: www.tessaemilyhall.com.


Catherine Jones Payne [headshot image]





Catherine Jones Payne is a Seattle native who loves the written word, international travel, crashing waves, and good coffee. Her earliest memory involves pulling up a rolling chair to her parents’ old DOS computer—while wearing a tiara, naturally—and tapping out a story of kidnapped princesses. By day she’s the managing editor of Quill Pen Editorial. She lives in Greenville, SC with her historian husband and their cats, Mildred and Minerva.









   Good gracious, I have to admit - even I'm itching to ask these lovely ladies some questions! But that job is for you guys - so what are you waiting for? Go! Comment! You have until June 30th to get your questions in ;).

~ Savannah Grace


have at it y'all
i can't wait to see the questions you come up with <3

10 comments :

  1. I loved reading the last edition of Ask the Author - I'm looking forward to this new edition!

    Questions:
    What started you in this industry?
    What's one piece of advice you'd give to aspiring authors?
    What's your favorite part about your job? Your least favorite?
    What's one mistake that you made, and what did you learn from it?

    ~True // atruewriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What made you hat made you decide to become an author?
    What was something that surprised you about publishing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And just realized the typo on the first question. It’s supposed to be “What made you decide to become an author?”
      Sorry! 😬

      Delete
  3. OH YAY!!! The last Ask an Author was just a well of wisdom and inspiration. And this is an amazing lineup of authors. I AM ALL THE EXCITED!!!

    Let's see...

    - What has been the hardest part of the publishing process for you?
    - Are there any things you wish you had done differently when you first got published?
    - When marketing yourself and your books, what method have you found works best for you?

    Can't wait to see the post in July! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaaaas more ask the authors. <333

    - How did you get your literary agent?
    (And I swear I had fifty gajillion questions until I actually tried to write this and now they've all vanished from my brain. XD)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This looks like it’s going to be such a great panel! I look forward to their answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I started writing down my 'ask the author' questions whenever I thought of them, so I wouldn't forget. Well, we're moving this month, and I promptly packed that notebook in my first box of books. Great move, Hanna. *sigh*
    Anyway, I think this is most of them:

    -Have you ever had a 'favorite' story and been afraid you'd do the "wrong" thing with it? (Needless to say, I'm in that place right now, and I want to protect my baby story because it's so special to ME, but I also want to share it with everyone, and I dream of publishing it.)
    -What do you think is the biggest lie you've heard about writing and/or publishing?
    -What do you do when you feel your attempts to explain your world-building are making your story too long or too wordy?

    -Hanna
    takingmytime.rothfuss.us

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excited to hear from all these authors!

    And good gracious, I missed your call for beta readers?? bummer. xD Next time you need beta readers, hit me up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Which books were the greatest inspiration to you (fiction or books about the craft)?
    Other than that, I second the rest of these questions!

    Also, unrelated, but I tagged you, Savannah!
    http://time-travelers-daughter.blogspot.com/2018/06/my-first-tag-summer-vacation-with-your.html
    I hope I didn't do it at an inopportune time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is such an interesting blog. I'm excited to read what the authors will actually answer to their followers questions.

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.