Highlights of December 2018


December 31, 2018


So um. 2018 is over tomorrow.

*casually passes out*

(we can all tell how this month's been xD)




Well, it's December, so obviously all the holiday things happened. I made a literal landslide of cards, some as a fundraiser for my cousin and some to send out to the gazillion people on my Christmas card list (some of them have ... still not gone out, to be honest ... but I got sick on Christmas Eve, okay? I've been down for awhile! ;D). I adore making Christmas cards though, so that was tons of fun.

And then my relatives came up for a surprise visit the week before Christmas (which was literally the best surprise and it was almost spoiled multiple times ;D) and we had an absolute blast. We also had a gingerbread house competition that skyrocketed xD. (I'M COMPETITIVE, OKAY? My sisters call me Stark (as in Tony) as a nickname for a reason ;D)

We also went to my younger sisters' piano recital while my relatives were visiting, and it was super fun, I always love watching them play (plus, one of them played a really complicated version of The Greatest Showman, which sounded AH-MAZING, so <3 <3 <3. Actually, she has a music YouTube channel, so you should definitely go check her out over at Skylar Reese. (and Jaidyn, who also played at the recital, has a cooking channel right here!)    

I've also spent a portion of December designing my bullet journal, which has been lots of fun, I can't wait to start using it in 2019! I may or may not have a YouTube video coming up about it ... you'll have to wait and see! ;)

Marvel rewatches happened, too - some more of my  siblings are finally old enough to watch them, so we went through all the Captain America movies + Spiderman: Homecoming + a few others with them. It's been a ton of fun! (also INFINITY WAR IS FINALLY ON NETFLIX, SO *scrambles away to watch it again and cry* xD. I'll be rewatching it with my sisters at midnight tonight!)

And, since it's the end of the year, I've also been planning out social media stuff for 2019 - and trust me, I have some fun stuff planned for all my social media outlets ;). I can't wait to show you guys!

Well, for starters, I was published by Splickety again! They're actually closing their doors, so I was in their final issue, which I was really happy about. You can check out the Christmas Abroad issue of Splickety right here (in which you'll find my piece, The Red-Eye Flight). 

Speaking of publishing - remember when I mentioned Havok Publishing being open for submissions? Well, I am now one of the associate editors for Havok Publishing, AND it's launching AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT! Coming from someone who has secret-y insider info (shh...) Havok is going to be SERIOUSLY epic. So make sure not to miss that! (and if you're more of a writer than a reader, we're always accepting submissions right here, and we'd love to see yours!) 

I've also dived deep into the world of freelance writing for more than just fun. I've been submitting to a ton of places (seriously, you guys, if you're ever looking for links to places to submit to, I'm your  gal), and I'm really excited to see what happens from here.

I did a little editing again on Forgotten (*cough* my monster novel *cough*) but after realizing it basically had FOUR CLIMAXES (...how did I does this? *passes out*), my brain kind of shut down on me xD. So I took a break on it for a little while, but I plan to start up on it again in a couple days. Prayers would be appreciated for that, because it is seriously giving me grief xD.

Also, I've been on and off considering starting up freelance editing. Would you guys be interested in that (it would either be free or extremely low pricing), or do you never really look into using freelance editors for your writing? Let me know in the comments!


I finished my reread of The Raven Cycle this month! Oh my gracious do I love this series <3 <3 <3. It was especially fun this time because one of my good friends was reading it at the same time (for the first time!), as were my sisters (also for the first time - and they're still not done yet! xD) so it was basically a Raven Cycle bonanza and I HAD SO MUCH FUN.

Y'all have heard me rave about this series enough, so I'll simply drop the link to my review of this series that I did earlier this year, and say that I LOVE THE RAVEN CYCLE <3

On The Blog 

http://savannahgracewrites.blogspot.com/2018/12/book-review-stars-and-soul-by-rosalie.html

http://savannahgracewrites.blogspot.com/2018/12/10-gifts-for-writers-and-bookworms.html
 

On YouTube 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ_JZms082A&t=41s
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItY8yeI00U&t=23s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWVQgyIW1tw&t=51s
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrTZTjuBb2Y&t=101s


Also - the winner of the Fawkes Book Swag giveaway is Allison Riera! Congrats, Allison - I'll be emailing you soon, so be watching for it! ;)


- Gray Marie did an awesome post about annoying tropes to leave in 2018, and it was super insightful, would definitely recommend it.

- I know it's well past Christmas, but Lisa Elis wrote a short holiday piece that I ABSOLUTELY ADORE and y'all need to run over and read it before winter ends because it is the best thing ever *shoos you away*

- (as is this post by Hanna Rothfuss, "At Last, The King" - short and quick, but well worth reading even if it isn't anywhere near Christmas anymore ;D)

- Also, do yourself a favor and hop on over to Deborah O' Carroll's blog and read her recent post about her writing and characters. I DIE EVERY TIME SHE POSTS SNIPPETS OR CHARACTER INTERVIEWS. BECAUSE THEY ARE GOLD <3.

- Victoria at Wanderer's Pen did a book review of Mortal Engines, which was great - I'm super excited to read the book and then see the movie (hopefully soon!).

- An awesome post went up on Story Ember's on what Thanos and Ultron can teach us about creating villains, and it was super helpful. I think I figured out what's wrong with one of my villains by reading it xD. Would definitely recommend!

- Rooglewood's Five Poison Apples anthology released! I'm so proud of the authors in this anthology (especially the sweet Skye Hoffert and Maddie Morrow!) and I absolutely can't wait to read their beautiful works. It's going to be amazing!

- Bitter Winter by Jaye L. Knight and Decree by Tricia Mingerink  both released, which of course made all of us fangirls scream with happiness. I'm so excited to read them both!

- Also, INFINITY WAR IS FINALLY ON NETFLIX. Who's ready to cry scream die watch it again? (*cough*me*cough*)
Jan 2019 is going to be INSANE, people - absolutely TONS of stuff going on over at Havok, so I really hope you'll be following along over there, because we've got so much epic stuff coming. And I'll be active on my Instagram and YouTube, as per usual (I've got some neat stuff coming!) 

As for the blog? I've got some special posts planned that I think you're going to like ... but for now, I'm keeping it under wraps ;). You'll just have to wait and see...

I hope your December (and your 2018!) was amazing, and that January is just as good! LET'S GO CONQUER 2019, MY FRIENDS. <3

~ Savannah Grace 

how was your December?
are you excited for Havok's launch?

14 comments :

  1. I CAN'T BELIEVE 2019 IS TOMORROW? How did this happen???? But aaahhhhh, 2018 was a lovely year. One of my biggest highlights being meeting YOU at RM. IT WAS THE BESSST!

    I can't even express how proud I am of you and all you've accomplished this year. You're doing amazing things and just KSDJFLJLSKJDF. SUCH HAPPINESS. SUCH PROUD. <333

    I do hope your 2019 is an absolutely beautiful one. You're always in my prayers. I feel so blessed to have you as a friend. Happy New Year, my dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GRACIOUS /YES/ - meeting you was ABSOLUTELY the greatest! Like, that conference was over six months ago and I STILL can't find the words to properly express how amazing Realm Makers was ;D.

      ASKJDIUSYCGLASID, CHRISTINE *HUGS YOU*. You're seriously the sweetest, all your enthusiasm always inspires me and puts a smile on my face <333. LOVE YOU, GIRLIE.

      Same to you, my friend! We are going to CONQUER 2019 and I absolutely can't wait to see what God has in store for us both <3. Happy New Year, Lauri!

      Delete
  2. HAPPY 2019, SAVANNAH!!!! (Yes, it’s still 2018 where I am right now. Shhhhh.)

    And congratulations on getting published - AGAIN! You never cease to amaze me on how many stories you submit/get published. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for you in 2019! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAPPY 2019, NICOLE!!! <3 <3 <3

      Aw, thank you so much! I'm so happy that I'm getting the chance to actually put content out there for you guys now, it's an incredible blessing. I HOPE YOUR 2019 IS AH-MAZING TOO, my friend!! <3

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great month. I've been rewatching some Marvel movies too. I'm excited about Havok, I might have to submit at some point. Congrats on Splickety, sucks that it's ending, but it's cool that you get to be in their final issue. <3
    Hope you have an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, really? Which ones have you been rewatching? And it would be super fun if you submitted to Havok <3. (thank you! Yeah, I was sad to see it end, but it was lovely to have my name in the final issue)

      Same to you, Skye! Can't wait to see what it holds for us both!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on being published again!!! No matter how many times it happens, it's always exciting.

    That Raven Cycle marathon sounds heavenly!! I know I just reread the series recently, but I'm already itching to read it again. I have a problem lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Evangeline! <3 <3 <3

      Oh my gracious, it TOTALLY was. And if you have a problem, I'm pretty sure I have the same one xD. I'm so excited for all the Stiefvater books coming out in 2019/20, it's going to be amazing!!

      Delete
  5. Wow you've been busy! I'm sorry you got sick on Christmas Eve... that's no fun at all. :(

    Congrats on being published in Splickety! And your role with Havok is super exciting! I'm excited about this whole relaunch with Havok, as well :) and excited to be one of the first stories!!!

    Ooh, Infinity War is on Netflix? Definitely need to watch it. I'm thinking about doing a Captain America story arc re-watch in the near future, so that will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHH Happy New Year, Savannah!!! Sounds like your December was tons of fun (and don't worry, it's January 1st and I /still/ have a present that's sitting in my room that I need to give to someone still). I'm super excited to see your bullet journal set up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. UM, YES, I'M DEFINITELY EXCITED FOR HAVOK!!! :D :D It may sound kinda ridiculous, but I'm literally blown away by the fact that ON EVERY WEEKDAY FROM NOW ON THERE WILL BE AN EPIC FLASH FIC STORY TO READ. We. Been. Blessed. O_O

    Marvel, EEP. I'm sooooo excited for Captain Marvel and End Game, hbu??!!

    Sounds like you had a marvelous December! Mine was marvelous too. <3 2019, here we come. XD

    Lila @ The Red-Hooded Writer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a full month!!

    Congrats on getting on the editing team for Havok!! That's so cool!

    And man, I'm still having a difficult time processing that the Avengers as we know it will probably end in May. Like *sob* I'm totally not prepared for that.

    Can't wait to see what the future holds for you, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, great post, Sav! (Also, thanks for linking to me! >_< <3)
    I'm excited to see what this January has in store!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. *dies because you liked my snippets and stuff* THANK YOU. And for the shoutout!

    That's so cool you're an editor for Havok!!

    And I need to see Infinity War again and cry about Hawkeye not being in it and the sad low number of scenes with Bucky in them...

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.