8 Days To NaNo - My Thoughts


October 24, 2016


   In which I have a talk with my brain and things. (you can check out my previous post, 18 days to NaNoWriMo, here


Me: *sits down and contemplates* Alright, I'll work ahead in school and get a vague idea of where my story is going, and then - 

Brain: MAKE MORE COLLAGES.

Me: Nuh-uh, no collages. Don't even think about -

Brain: COLLAGES. Just like this one.


Me: ... why do you even bring things up like this? I just need more time.

Time: Ha, no.

Me: *looks at collage again* *sighs*

Fingers: MUST WRITE A DRAGON STORY.

Me: No, wait, I already picked my NaNo story, I don't need a -

Brain: More collages.

Fingers: MORE story.

Plot bunnies: ATTACK.

Me: Oh no, nooo, don't even think about it. Don't.

Plot bunnies: *are slightly confused for a moment*

Fingers: *offer carrots*

Me: WHY do you keep betraying me?

Plot bunnies: *hop right up*


Brain: *cackles and flips through all the story ideas*

Me: *buries head in hands* I'm going to be sick.

Stomach: Sick.

Me: I don't even know why I'm doing this anymore.

Fingers: *giggling* Story, story, story, story ...

NaNoWriMo: I'M HERE I'M HERE.

Me: ... darn.

Brain, Fingers, Plot Bunnies: *much going crazy*

Me: Well there goes that plan. *sighs and opens laptop* Let's see what happens.

~ Savannah Grace

   I have such a feeling that this is going to happen at some point. How are all my NaNo-friends doing? What genre is your novel?

20 comments :

  1. *looks on* *feels bad for you* *pats you on the back* Good luck, my friend! Btw, the collage looks AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely be needing that luck XD. Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, SAVANNAH. This is so accurate it huuuuurts!

    I was grinning the whole time reading this, but then totally lost it by the time I got to this:
    "NaNoWriMo: I'M HERE I'M HERE.
    Me: ... darn."

    I can't. XDD

    I'm doing pretty well. I'm JUST about finished with my NaNo prepping, so I'm starting to get super excited about NaNo again. Opposed to the stressed/freaked out-ness I was going through a while ago when I was NOT almost finished with NaNo plotting. XD

    I think it's gonna be an awesome NaNo. WE CAN DO THIS. *fistpump*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HOPE I DON'T FIND OUT HOW ACCURATE THIS IS XD (*whispers* but I have a feeling I will ... *gulps*).

      My sisters were laughing when they read the post, too :D. It was so fun to write!

      Ooh, you're almost done prepping? Good for you, Christine! *highfive* IT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!

      Delete
  3. Ha, the struggle is real. xD

    My NaNo project is fantasy, with ancient Rome-inspired flavor. :D I'm excited. I plan on finishing my outline tonight or tomorrow! Urgh, what is free time. xP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOH, Rome-inpsired flavor? That sounds SO cool! And YES, what is free time? Free time does not exist near November XD.

      Delete
  4. Oh my word, this is so accurate. XDDD

    Also I'm writing a space-fantasy with time-travel elements and a sentient library and a space elves and stuff. *nods* It's gonna be fun. :D

    Good luck on NaNo -- you can do iiiiiit! (Dragons, tho'.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so XD. (or ... not glad? NANO IS GOING TO BE INSANE)

      YES I read you post about it (just didn't have time to comment at the moment *nods*)! IT SOUNDS SO GOOD! I desperately want to read it *nods*.

      THANK YOU! (*whispers* I'll need all the luck I can get not to want to switch story ideas in the middle of NaNo. Don't tell the plot bunnies that.)

      Delete
  5. SAVANNAH!! *laughs so hard I fall off my chair* This was hilarious! Great post!!! (ooh, and good luck ;))
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read this post again...every time I need to smile I'm gonna come here. XD
      -Ariel

      Delete
    2. THANK YOU, Ariel! I found it pretty amusing myself XD.

      Delete
  6. I believe in you! You got this.

    My novel is in the fantasy genre (that's basically all I write). I was very tempted to switch my novel yesterday, but luckily I stayed strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait for NaNoWriMo to start :D.

      Yay! Another fantasy writer! *highfive* That's the genre I write in the most *nods*.

      Delete
  7. LOL! So accurate! Don't forget the main characters that won't tell you whether their dad comes from China or Belgium XD And story ideas fighting for your attention, begging to be the one picked up (because I honestly still don't know what I'm writing about. *slow clap*)

    I'm sure you'll do great anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those characters are the WORST! We're their authors - they ought to tell us everything! XD Us writers really have our work cut out for us *nods*.

      Delete
  8. This is hilarious! Oh, the trials of being a writer! This SO happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so! DOESN'T IT?! I'm constantly getting attacked by plot bunnies at the WORST times :D.

      Delete
  9. Concentration. The one piece of our sanity you'd think *wouldn't* go out the window at NaNo time. It gives a double meaning to "We can dream, right?"

    https://ofdreamsandswords.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you'd HOPE we would maintain a little sanity, but NO XD.

      Delete
  10. Oh my. Are you ok over there?? You're making me think you've gone insane.......😒😂

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.