10 Truths And 2 Lies - The Results


September 24, 2017


   I had a ton of fun watching you guys make your guesses on the 10 truths and 2 lies post, and now it's time for you guys to find out which 2 were the REAL lies. Are you ready?  



The two lies were ... 

1. I wear contacts

    Nope - I've worn glasses since I was really young. But you never see me wearing them in vlogs or pictures because of the ridiculously annoying lights that reflect in them. Plus, I mostly only need them for reading. But HEY, now you know that I have them!

AND

9. I've only read the Harry Potter series once

   Hahaha. Are you kidding me? I love the Harry Potter series so much, there's no way I could have only read it once! I actually have two copies of some of the books ... but the huge, hardcover doubles are serving as bookends. Otherwise all my books go toppling to the floor *coughs*.

   CONGRATS to Hanna, wisdomcreates, and Madeline J. Rose for guessing the answers correctly! You each get three extra entries into the giveaway ;).

   But besides that, you guys are probably wondering about the truths I told, too, huh? Shall I tell you about them?



   2. I sleep with a notebook and pens under my pillow. 

   Well, duh. What ELSE am I supposed to do when the plot bunnies hit me at three in the morning? Instead of letting them fester (... and then be forgotten, because who even remembers the things they think up at midnight ...), I blindly scribble it down and hope I can make out my handwriting in the morning xD.

   3. I own less than 50 ebooks. 

   I am ... not an ebook girl. I've got almost nothing against them, but I just don't buy them much when I could buy a physical copy of it instead! (or ... you know, utilize the library.)



   You just can't read some books in ebook form. Like Inkheart xD. 

4. I kept a dream diary for four years. 


   Dedication, yes? xD I started when I was ten, and petered off when I was fourteen. I started keeping an actual diary around that age. But trust me, keeping a dream diary is AMAZING when it comes to creating story ideas. Now and then I still flip through mine to find new inspiration. And I desperately wish I'd have kept going - because, even if I don't dream much, my dreams tend to have pretty good plotlines, strange though they may be. Maybe I need to start up again ...


5. I had a private blog before I started Scattered Scribblings

   Yup, yup! I did have a private blog (which went through multiple titles - I was very indecisive. Still am xD) for a few years before I started Scattered Scribblings. This was actually one of my old headers for it ...


   Blue's my favorite color, so it was only natural xD.

   6. I'm not an early bird.

   Most authors seem to be night owls. I am one of them. ALL the plot bunnies are nocturnal, and come creeping out of their warrens at night. I'm also beginning to wonder if my muse is nocturnal, because IT ALWAYS AWAKENS AT NIGHT. Thus, I must stay up at night too. Go figure. 

7. I've ridden on a Ferris wheel and a rollercoaster.

   Yup, yup. I loved the Ferris wheel (it was glorious <3) and hated the rollercoaster (it was very shaky). Just no. But if I had the chance, I would definitely try out another rollercoaster, because why not?

8. I'm a quarter Korean. 

   I am indeed! Which means my hair does NOT hold a curl, but hey - I can put up with the pros and cons xD. 



 
10. Buffalo chicken pizza is my favorite.

   OH GRACIOUS, YES. Pepperoni pizza, cheese pizza, supreme pizza - I love all the pizza that I've tried so far (except barbecue pizza which is gross), but buffalo chicken pizza is my ultimate favorite. 

11. I rarely buy notebooks. 

   This is actually true! But ... it's also a little tricky. I don't buy notebooks MUCH, but when I do buy them, I buy a LOT. The last time I bought notebooks, I bought sixteen-or-so, which I'm hoping is enough to last me a year? Time shall tell, seeing as I use up notebooks pretty fast (I've already filled four of those sixteen notebooks, so THE STATS DO NOT LOOK GOOD for them lasting me a year xD).

12. I've purposefully ripped up books before.

   Uhm. Well. Yes? I promise it's not as bad as it sounds xD.

   One of the books I ripped up was a copy of Prince Caspian that had (somehow) been left outside during a rainstorm. I figured it would be cool to take out some of the wet pages and let them dry so I could tape them on my wall. Turns out, it WAS a cool idea. I've still got two of those pages on my wall xD.

   And the other book I tore up was an really worn copy of a book that I didn't like, so I ... uh, ripped that one up and turned it into origami flowers. Which are actually really cool and fun to make, even if they DO take awhile to make ;).

   See? I DO have pretty valid excuses for having ripped up a book xD.  

   There ya have it, readers! Hope you were amused by hearing some of my stranger stories ;).   

~ Savannah Grace 

do you own more or less than 50 ebooks? 
have you ever ripped up a book?

29 comments :

  1. I have less than 50 ebooks as I prefer the printed word as well, and I dream of having shelves and shelves of books. Gotta start my collection now. :D
    I've never ripped a book on purpose. It would hurt me too much, even if it was a book I hated.

    But to each their own. XD

    Great post!
    ~Ivie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "shelves and shelves of books." Ooh, SAME. I've only got a few shelves of books right now, but SOMEDAY I'll have more xD.

      Delete
  2. Those lies were good. You fooled almost everyone. I myself have never ripped up a book, but I have drawn in one extensively.

    Also, YOU'RE SO PRETTY! I know that's kind of random... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'd hoped that I would! And I've only drawn in one of my books. For some reason drawing in them is harder than ripping them up? xD

      Aw, THANK YOU, Evangeline! <3 <3

      Delete
  3. This was so funnnn! And hey, I got one of the lies correct, so that's something. XD

    I absolutely love that you sleep with a notebook and pen under your pillow. That's dedication right there! I usually grab my phone to jot down notes in the middle of the night when they come. Buuut then I blind myself with my screen. Good times, good times...

    That's so neat you're a quarter Korean! And GIRL. DAT PICTURE OF YOU. IT'S SO GORGEOUS. O__O

    I haven't ripped up books before...YET. I've been wanting to so I can use book pages for backgrounds in my book pictures. So if I ever find a super beat up book I...may end up tearing its pages out. :X But hey, we're just bringing life back to what some people might throw away, riiight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blinding yourself IS one of the downsides to using your phone for night-time story notes ... plus I'm awful at us the TEENY TINY little keyboard, so xD.

      ACK, THANK YOU SO MUCH, CHRISTINE. <3 <3 Ariel takes most of my pictures, she's the best ;).

      Ooh, that would look so cool, you should totally do it! And YES, we totally are. No one should blame us for ripping up a book no one wanted in the first place xD.

      Delete
  4. I have no clue how many ebooks I've got. But I'm glad you have a good excuse for ripping up books. The horror. *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW - I'd be very disappointed in myself if I HADN'T had a good excuse for it! xD

      Delete
  5. That is a crazy good book idea...to tear up the book for a "good reason". I think I've only got a book wet once. I was camping and a huge hurricane came and the book was left in the tent. But sadly it wasn't good enough for the wall. ;)

    I was wondering...what app/website do you use to create your graphics? I'm a looking for one that is clean without bad templates/pictures. Do you happen to know of one?

    - Lilly Shyree (alillyingodsgarden.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To create them? I normally use picmonkey.com to create all my graphics. Do you mean where do I get my pictures from? I'll either use them off the internet (and the cite where I got the picture from, since it isn't mine), unsplash.com (which I use a TON, and it seems pretty clean from what I've seen), and I've occasionally used pixabay.com (but since I've only occasionally used it, I can't vouch for it). But I just use pictures that I've taken myself a lot of the time, haha :D. I hope that answered your question!

      Delete
    2. Yes, that answers my question! Your images are so cute and pretty!

      Delete
  6. PHEW. I was going to feel like a TERRIBLE friend if you wore contacts and I didn't know it!!
    And you definitely have a good excuse for ripping books--you were making AWESOME BOOK DECORATIONS! It's a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, WELL, you got both the lies right, so you must know me pretty well! xD

      Delete
  7. *shakes head* Okay so you did have a good reason to rip up books *shrugs* I got one right though!!! And eh, I thought that since it's not that rare for us bookworms to wear glasses then contacts shouldn't be that far fetched either! Good job though -- with messing with my head. And that's an absolutely smashing picture of you!!! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUP, I consider myself innocent xD. Thank you so much, Lisa! <3 <3

      Delete
  8. WOOT this was so much fun. I got it so wrong but HEY ANYWAYS. XD It's so cool to know random little facts like that about friends though??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUP - all the strange things that are totally random are the most fun to know about xD.

      Delete
  9. Agh I was close!! Got one of them anyways XDD And you really look part Korean, but Jaidyn told me that forever ago, so I already knew that. :P I'm well over half Irish!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yup! And you're over half Irish?? Lucky - I love everything to do with Ireland! :D

      Delete
  10. Hey, at least I was right with #9!! (I think I chose 9 and 12, anyway??) This was such fun!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was off by a mile! LOL

    I own far less than 50 ebooks... and I have only read one. (About to hit #2 because: beta reading)

    I have ripped up a book before... I had a ridiculous number of proof copies of my books lying around... and I couldn't even give them away because they were "first proofs" that still had tons of errors in them. I had no idea what to do with them... but after they had sat around taking up space for several years, we were decluttering and decided it was time for them to go. So, we tore the covers off (because that's what they say you should do) and threw them away... my husband tried to rip one in half because he's always wanted to try ripping a book in half... he did okay. LOL

    I think... I'm pretty sure I've only read the HP series once, as well.... how is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've only read one?? Wow, that's actually quite an accomplishment :D. What book was it?

      Haha, THAT'S definitely a good excuse for ripping up books. It seems like it would be kind of fun, just tearing up old books because there's nothing else to do with them xD.

      Gracious, Jenelle! You're due for a reread! *shoves the massive series closer to you*

      Delete
    2. Dragonfriend by Marc Secchia. It was quite good... despite reading it on an ipad. I've beta read a few things on my computer... but I don't know if reading them on my computer counts as "reading an ebook" because I think it sort of has to be on a tablet-y sort of device to count... right? Maybe that's just me being super persnickety about semantics, though...

      Yes... I definitely need to re-read HP. I'm kind of holding off until Leiana is a bit older, because I think they would be a fun family-read-aloud series... but right now "A Series of Unfortunate Events" is more their speed. :)

      Delete
  12. OK CAN I JUST SAY I TOTALLY NAILED #1 THOUGH. #calledit xD Unfortunately I didn't get #9... guess I need to work on my stalking skills. Are you suuuuuure you're part Korean though? like: DO YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION AND CAN YOU PROVE THIS???? xPPP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELL ALRIGHT, BUT I THINK THAT ONE WAS A LITTLE OBVIOUS, BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE GOT IT xD. And I have A VERY KOREAN GRANDMA, so YES, I'm sure xD. (my mom says I could pass as native American though, so xD)

      Delete
  13. OOH YEAH, I GOT THEM RIGHT! :D I knew immediately that the Harry Potter one was wrong. XD

    I'm not much of an ebook girl either. I only have like twenty ebooks, and most of them are only available in ebook form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YOU DID - I was happy to see that you were one of the ones to get them right :D. And same here, I have about that same amount of ebooks. Physical books are just so much better. <3 <3

      Delete
  14. Girl.........*hides face in shame* Ok, ftr my second guess was #9 but I thought you'd have more respect than to rip up a book ;-P #istandcorrected
    ACK YOUR PICTURE!!!!! #beautiful #straightoutoffairytales

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.