Welcome To Inspiring Writes!


April 16, 2018


   And so it happened ... three days early.

   Welcome to Inspiring Writes!


   What do you guys think? The design is still giving me some grief and needs a fair amount of tweaking (and I still need to re-do my pages some), but what you see now is roughly what the end result will be ;). Many, many thanks to Alea Harper for the beautiful header graphic, and to Sarah for working with me to get the old link redirected to the new one! (seriously you guys - I would be lost without those two xD)

   And on that note - you guys have probably realized that the blog link has changed. It's no longer scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com, it's now savannahgracewrites.blogspot.com. Which means that if you want to keep getting my posts sent to your blogger feed, you will need to hit the "unfollow" button over there and then refollow. Now you're following the new domain name instead of the old one, and should still get all my posts.

   Okay, enough with the boring stuff. Let me tell y'all what I've got planned for this new place!

   A big THANK YOU to everyone who filled out the survey that I linked you to on my previous post (all of your sweet notes made me smile!), it was really great to see which posts you guys want to see more of (cliche FLIP posts were at the very top, which was pretty epic), and which posts you guys would like to start seeing (posts full of writer-ly opportunities won by a landslide!). So while I'm definitely going to keep my old posts coming (author interviews, cliche FLIPs, etc.) here's some of the NEW stuff that's is going to be up and coming on Inspiring Writes ...

   - opportunity posts 

   - perhaps a book club? (let me know your thoughts on this down in the comments, guys. Would you participate in a book club? If I was to do this, we would probably start with Kara Swanson's The Girl Who Could See. Maybe it would be a one-time thing, maybe I would do it twice a year ... it depends on what you guys would like!)

   - guest posts from epic bloggers and authors

   - some of you asked for certain writer-ly how-to posts, so I've got some ideas for those spinning in my head ;)

   ... alright, and I think that about wraps it up. Thank you so much for following me over from Scattered Scribblinsg to Inspiring Writes, you guys mean the world to me! I'm very excited to start putting out new posts for you guys.

   Never stop being epic! <3 

~ Savannah Grace 

give me your thoughts and opinions, friends!
I'm curious to see what you think of these new developments ;)

20 comments :

  1. I'd love to do a book club sort of thing with the Girl who could See! I love that book and I really need to reread my paperback.... ;)

    Cliche FLIPs are the best!!!!!! Keep 'em comin! XD

    And I love your new design!!! It's so pwetty <3 <3 <3

    Can't wait to see where this blog goes in the future!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Epicness! I'll have to see if I have time to do a book club in May ... we shall see, we shall see ;).

      Cliche FLIPs are some of my absolute favorite posts to write, so I'm SUPER EXCITED to post some more! (the next one may or may not be about Fantasy landscapes, but you didn't hear that from me xD)

      Thank you so much, my friend! You're the best <3.

      Delete
  2. AHH IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. I apoligize for never commenting before, I'm terrible at keeping up with blogs BUT OH MY GOODNESS. I'm loving Inspiring Writes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH <3. And you're completely fine! I don't comment on the blogs I follow half as much as I would like to, life has been so busy lately - so I absolutely get it ;). I'm glad you like the new blog!

      Delete
  3. AHHHH!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! <3 <3 <3

    Seriously, this looks AMAZING.

    Can't wait for your new content! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH, GRAY! I can't wait to publish a whole bucketload of new posts for you guys ;D.

      Delete
  4. Aaaahhhh!!!! It's here early! I wasn't expecting this happy surprise this morning. :D :D :D And, strangely, it still appeared on my dashboard, so I wasn't sure if I needed to do the whole unfollow/follow thing but I did it anyway just in case!

    It looks so gorgeous. I'M EXCITED! All the things you have planned sound so, so, sooooo wonderful!

    I love the idea of a book club buuuut, honestly, knowing me I probably wouldn't participate because I tend to like to read in my own time and what I want. *sheepish grin* I tried to do a book club once and TOTALLY failed. But I do think it's SUCH a fun idea!

    This is just so thrilling! Happy launch day for Inspiring Writes!!! *throws confetti*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't expecting it either, honestly! ;D I pretty much made a split decision to set it up early, but I'm really excited about it! And THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'm really glad that you like the new look! I'm super happy with it.

      Oh gracious, SAME! I literally can't reread a book unless I'm really in the mood for it, because otherwise I'll ruin the thing for myself ;D.

      THANK YOU SO MUCH, LAURI. You are the absolute best, my friend! <3

      Delete
  5. Yay! I'm so excited! And it's so pretty. I may do the book club (especially if it's The Girl Who Could See, because I want to read that so much), but I've never done one before. Either way, very excited for this new content! Happy Launch Day! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasps* GRACE - you haven't read The Girl Who Could See yet?? Oh my gracious, you need to!! It is an absolutely INCREDIBLE story <3. And thank you so much, girl! So glad you like the new look <3.

      Delete
  6. Yay for Inspiring Writes! I love it, and I'm so excited to see where you go with it! Also, the book club sound awesome! I've been meaning to read Kara's book, but I haven't gotten to it quite yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks epic! The post came to my feed without unfollowing, though.

    If the book club is The Girl Who Could See, I can do that. I have the book! It would be a lot of fun!

    I actually started rereading, but stopped, lol. XD

    Your blog looks great. Everything looks so amazing!

    I can't wait to see where the Lord is taking you on this journey. <3

    ~Ivie
    Ivie Writes
    Ivie Brooks, Author

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your blog re-design/re-launch, Savannah. It looks great, and I look forward to seeing what you'll publish on Inspiring Writes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww so glad I was able to get it working haha. AND GIRRLLL. IT LOOKS SO GREAT AROUND HERE - can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve for us!! <33

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! It looks awesome! I think the link subscription transferred over, so I don't think unfollow/follow is necessary!

    (A book club sounds so fun! I've been meaning to read The Girl Who Could See for SO LONG now).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eek! You're back! *cue sunshine and hot chocolate and all good things*
    Love this! Oooh, I could use a good excuse to read The Girl Who Could See! That sounds like an awesome idea. =)
    Due to speech tournament stuff from dawn till dusk and this pesky thing I have called MY LIFE, I wasn't able to take your survey. But I'm also really enjoying your Cliche Flips, and your "How to Liven Up Your. . ." posts were incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful!! I can't wait to continue following your writing journey!!

    I've already read The Girl Who Could See (and loved it!!) but I might be up for a read-through. Just depends on what I'm doing at the time it starts.

    I've been loving the cliché flipping posts, as well as your interviews. Love hearing about other writerly folks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh I love it!! It sounds like you have super-awesome-exciting things planned... I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word this is so cool! I love the new design, despite the roughness of it still. It's going to be absolutely amazing. *throws confetti* You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.