Highlights Of May 2018


June 11, 2018


   Well. May was here, and then it wasn't! (which is why this post is over a week late *cough*)

   May literally FLEW by, and now I've got all sorts of deadlines sneaking up on me - but I suppose I can take a smol break to get up a post about my month for you guys, no? ;D

Highlights Of May 2018 [post title image[


life

Huh. Seeing as I was so busy in May, it's a little weird that I don't have that many interesting things to say in this section? Strange xD. Let's see what I can scrounge up...

We went to a graduation party for one of my very good friends, which was a ton of fun! I loved being able to catch up with people and congratulate her (also, ice cream. There was ice cream <3).

And I've been practicing my driving like CRAZY all month (I know, I know - I'm VERY late to the game!), which has been a ton of fun. And the place where my mom takes me to practice is right by a bookstore, so ... you know where we end up when the driving is done xD.

OH ALSO - my sweet friend and critique partner Soleil surprised me with a box of bookish goodies, including a GORGEOUS copy of Legendary (before it came out, which had me floored! xD), and legit made my month (thank you, Sol!). Also, I am now obsessed with book-inspired candles ;D.  

Legendary by Stephanie Garber
isn't it a gorgeous book?
The Writing Desk
Whoo. So here's where I promptly keel over and die because THERE'S TOO MUCH HERE. *takes deep breath* But let's give this a shot, shall we? xD

I'm working on the expansion of Forgotten - my Snow White novella for the Rooglewood writing contest last year - into a full novel, and I'm about a quarter of the way through (its taking so much longer than I thought it would!) I guess good things take a lot of time? xD I'm trying not to rush too much, but the deadline for that project is mid-July, so ... there's not much time to waste O.O

And then there's been a lot of flash fiction. I'm still working on my piece for the Penprints Flash Fiction dash (I ... kinda forgot I hadn't done that yet *gulps*), and multiple pieces to submit to different places. Its been so much fun, I love writing short, fast things ;D.

I've also been working on a couple entries to submit to the Oath and Iron anthology - one that's set by the ocean (which I sent off to my alphas, and their feedback is always epic <3), one that's set in the 1920s (which ... I still need to type up. That's one drawback of me always writing my first drafts by hand!), and one that I'm co-writing with my wonderful friend Soleil (though we'll see if we get it done in time! xD). This is my first shot at co-writing anything, and its been a TON of fun!

... I think that's about it, but knowing me, I've totally skipped something that I'll be kicking myself for later xD. Basically I'VE BEEN BUSY and MY PLATE IS FULL and I CAN'T WAIT until I can let you guys beta some of the stuff I've been working on! Hopefully very, very soon ;).  
Bookishness

May Books Collage

And I failed to realize until right now that I actually did a lot of reading this month? I found a new absolute-favorite series, tried a couple books that I never would have thought to read without prompting, and got my paws on some fresh-off-the-press books! It was a VERY good month for reading, when all's said and done <3.

- The Jackaby series by William Ritter. OH MY GRACIOUS, you guys. My love for this series knows no bounds. I read the first book a little while back, but managed to somehow not finish the series? BUT NOW I HAVE. And I shall forever regret waiting so long! I'll have to do a full review on the whole series sometime soon, because it just isn't fair to try and contain my screaming into this single paragraph! ;D All you guys need to know is that I LOVE IT VERY MUCH <3 <3 <3

- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. And here's one of the books I definitely wouldn't have read without prompting. I guess I'm just not very interested in older classics? But my younger sister (Skylar) read it and convinced me that I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO, and I couldn't say no! And I'm super glad that I didn't, because (shock of all shocks xD), I actually really enjoyed this book! The characters were AH-MAY-ZING, which is half the reason I loved it so much. 4.5 to this beautiful book!  

There's a bunch of other books in that collage that I wish I could ramble about, BUT I read a lot of them to judge for the Inspy Awards (did I mention that I'm one of this year's judges?), and I'm not allowed to talk about what I think of them until that's all over. But I'm having a ton of fun - and that's about all I can say! ;D

BUT if you want a little more of my book ramblings, I did review The Story Peddler and Legendary on my blog this month, and my review of Entwined (by Heather Dixon) went up over on PURSUE magazine's website.
posts



http://savannahgracewrites.blogspot.com/2018/05/book-review-legendary-by-stephanie.html

http://savannahgracewrites.blogspot.com/2018/05/5-reasons-to-write-fairytale-retellings.html

http://savannahgracewrites.blogspot.com/2018/05/how-to-write-fairytale-retellings.html

http://savannahgracewrites.blogspot.com/2018/05/featured-author-may-taylor-bennett.html

http://savannahgracewrites.blogspot.com/2018/05/book-review-and-giveaway-story-peddler.html


http://savannahgracewrites.blogspot.com/2018/05/how-to-write-fairytale-retellings-what.html
elsewhere online
- Aimee Meester is still killing it with her serial story - here's a link to the most recent part posted! (though if you haven't read it yet, start with part one! You need to read all the epicness)

- Ivie of Ivie Writes revealed the STUNNING cover of the book she's going to be releasing! Do excuse me as I melt into a smol puddle of I NEED THIS NOW xD

- Nadine Brandes STARTED HER OWN BOOKTUBE CHANNEL, which I am BEYOND excited about!! So make sure to go check her out her lovely booktube!

- CAIT IS GOING TO BE RELEASING A SECOND BOOK.EXCUSE ME AS I DIE AGAIN. I've been wanting to read The Boy Who Steals Houses ever since ... well, forever! And now we'll get to! I IS EXCITE

- Victoria did a post on writing lessons from The Hiding Place, which was really cool. Now I'm all inspired to write a story with a deaf main character! (NO MORE PLOT BUNNIES PLEASE xD)

- Tons of book releases! Legendary by Stephanie Garber, Porch Swing Girl by Taylor Bennett, and Unbreakable by Sara Ella, and The Three by Christa Kinde - and that's just to name a few! If you haven't read them yet, YOU NEED TO. (*coughs and fails to mention the fact that I've only been able to get to two of these so far*)
ramblings to come

   First of all - I did NOT finish up my fairytale retellings blog series in May (pfft, who am I kidding - I didn't really expect to! I just have too many things to say!), so that will be continuing in June. This is going to be a super-busy month for me, so WE'LL SEE how often I can slap up a post xD. And I may or may not have a call for betas for a short story in a week or so... but you didn't here that from me ;).

   ANYways. I hope that y'all had an epic May, and that your June is just as wonderful! Keep rocking your writing, frens <3.

~ Savannah Grace 


how was your May? what was the best book you read? 
chat with me, y'all! <3 

9 comments :

  1. YOUR WRITING EEEEEKKKK I'M LOVING IT SO MUCH. I know I don't comment as much as I should (whoops *hides in shame*) but it's so insanely good. <3

    Can't wait for Legendary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GRACIOUS THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 <3 <3. And GIRL - you comment just fine! I'm woefully behind on the book I'm supposed to be alpha-ing for you, though ... *hides in shame and feels terrible*

      I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Legendary is so gorgeous! O___O *drooools*

    My goodness, girl, you did SO MUCH writing and reading and things in May! I NEED TO KNOW YOUR SECRETS. You are so productive all the time! That's so, so fun you're expanding Forgotten into a novel. EEEEP!!! Always an exciting task! And ALL the flash fiction pieces and things WOW. Too fun!

    And look at all those books you read!!! *HEART EYES* Literally every. single. one. is on my TBR, except for The Beast of Talesend which I've read and LOVE, as well as Little Women. I'm with you, I so very, very rarely choose to read a classic. But I've ADORED Little Women since I was small. It's such a precious story. AND JACKABY. AGH. I've wanted to read that for AGES. I think I'd looove it. I MUST ACQUIRE A COPY POSTHASTE!

    I'm so looking forward to your other fairytale posts! And hey, your plate was FULL. It's no big deal you didn't get them all up in May! You take all the time you need. Looks like you have some EPICNESS going on. Your adoring fans will be patient for posts. ;D

    I hope the rest of your June is an amazing one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've been super busy!! I was super busy all of May, but I didn't get a lot of reading done. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all of the reading and writing! :D

    I hope you have a wonderful June. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Savannah - you've been busy this month! Congrats on getting all of that writing (and reading! and blogging! and life-ing) done in the month! Your posts on here have gotten more and more amazing, and I can't wait for the continuation of Fairy-Tale retellings!

    And you read Little Women! That was one of my all-time favorite books growing up - it's good to hear that you enjoyed it! I'm definitely going to try and get Caraval from our library, and there are so many more books there that I'm dying to get my hands on. And that is such a gorgeous collage you put up! the covers are all calling for me to read them now!

    ~True // atruewriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got Caraval, but Legendary is calling my name!

    The Jackaby series is amazing. It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much reading and writing!!! <3
    Jackaby's been on my tbr list for over a year now. I need to get to it soon. XP

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've loved getting to read your lovely writing! =D Wow, you've had a busy May! It looks like a great kind of busy though, what with great books and ice cream and writing. ;) Hope you have a wonderful June, my friend!

    Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.