Spoiler-Free Review of Avengers: Endgame


April 27, 2019


In which Savvy gives you a very (very) short and analytical post, because if she gets anywhere near the feels of this movie, there would be spoilers involved. And no one wants that. Also, the post would be a mile long.

So.

Here's my short-and-snappy (and spoiler-free!) review of the fourth and final Avengers movie.

5 Stars 

We've been waiting a long time for the Endgame. A full 11 years and 21 movies.

And I'm very glad to say that Endgame doesn't disappoint. (though it did manage to make this non-movie-crying-gal cry through...basically the entire movie. A lot. So there is that XD)

The characters (save one whom I won't mention, but Marvel can't always be perfect) felt so true to themselves in this movie - maybe more so than in any of the others. It was perfection. The plotline was absolutely genius, especially for this being the last Avengers movie. Perfectly paced, too, I was really impressed by how they handled that.

And the foreshadowing throughout all of the other movies - everything that led up to this - was amazing. So, so good. Save for a few threads, everything tied together so beautifully in this movie. It was a great accumulation of everything that's happened - a very worthy climax movie. And for how much I cried, I laughed just as much, and screamed and clapped along with the whole theater whenever those BIG moments came onscreen. The balance of everything in this movie was perfect.  

It was surreal to visit the realm of the Avengers movies for the final time, and the Russo brothers really managed to make it feel like magic. The graphics were incredible. The acting was even better than it had ever been before. The feels were no joke. If there's any movie worthy of being the Avengers' finale, it's this one.

(and don't worry - in a couple more weeks, after everyone has had time to see it, I'll do a better review post full of spoilers and all the feels and AAALLL of my many thoughts. But you'll have to wait a bit for that ;)) 

Yeah, I really enjoyed Avengers: Endgame. Will definitely be going back to see it a time or thirteen. Who's with me?


~ Savannah Grace 

have you seen Endgame? are you going to?
#dontspoiltheendgame
 

22 comments :

  1. YESSS love this post. i saw Avengers: Endgame last night, and wow. just wow. i cried twice, and the entire theater clapped seven times. it doesn't feel real....after eleven years, twenty-one movies, it's over.

    can't wait for the spoiler-y review! i feel the same way about Endgame as you do....it was such a good, satisfying finale, albeit sad, to the MCU. at least, for this phase. ;)

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, wasn't it magic when the theater went insane? Mine did lots of time. So, so crazy and awesome. I wish I could rewind time and see it for the first time again ;D.

      I have high hopes for phase four though, especially with Far From Home coming out. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. AHHHHHHHH I LOVE MY ENDGAME SO MUUUUUCH. *all the hugs and tears to that movie* And YES I HAVE SEEN IT, AND YES I DIED.
    #dontspoiltheendgame

    ReplyDelete
  3. There isn't really any way to describe the immense perfection of (most of the movie, save that "something" you were talking) of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "save that "something" you were talking about" <--- pretty much XD

      Delete
    2. Yeah like DUDE it was a perfect ending save said thing xD

      Delete
    3. And the soundtrack is AH-MAZING. Incredible. The artistry side of this movie was gold.

      Delete
  4. AAAAAHHHHHHHH I JUST SAW IT LAST NIGHT AND AHHHHHH OH MY GOODNESS.

    (Still figuring out my thoughts about it. XD It’s complicated.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WASN'T IT AMAZING THOUGH????? Did it live up to your expectations??? DID YOU LOVE IT????

      Delete
  5. This movie killed me!!!
    Great review, I'm amazed that you were able to do this. *claps*
    It's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? All the feels.
      (THANKS it was hard XD)

      Delete
  6. *quietly sobs into your comments section*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only seen one Avengers movie, I do want to see the others.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They're very, very good. Which one have you seen?

      Delete
    2. I have seen the movie called Avengers Assemble.

      Delete
  8. YES, ALL OF THIS. I was worried that the important things would get lost in the sheer bigness of the movie, but they didn't. It was pretty much perfect. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gracious, YES, I think a lot of people that the movie wouldn't live up to expectations - my sister Ariel told me "I'm starting to worry that we're over-hyping this movie", and I looked her dead in the eye and said "You cannot overhype the final Avengers movie. They will deliver." I'm happy that I was right XD. Endgame was SUCH a good movie.

      Delete
  9. Even though this was a spoilery free post, I didn't read it until just now because I wanted to go see the movie COMPLETELY blind. But I saw it yesterday and just AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was...almost perfect. Just. I can't. *collapses*

    I would LOVE a full-on spoiler review from your sometime with allll the fangirling. That would be awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAAHH, YES, seeing it blind was 100% THE SMARTEST IDEA. And AJGSHLUIYAIUSKYJHGKAFSKGJAKSLHJ YES, ENDGAME WAS SO, SO AMAZING. SO AMAZING. I'm so glad you loved it!!!

      You will ABSOLUTELY get that post - believe me, it's coming ;D. I can't wait to scream about ALL THE THINGS!!!!

      Delete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.