Highlights Of September 2017


September 30, 2017


   September has been a huge month of ups and downs - it was basically a long cycle of hectic and epic all at once. But I loved it xD.

 




   Okay, how about we address that smol piece of news I have in my post title image?

   I'M GOING TO REALM MAKERS 2018! 

   I'd talked to my dad about it, and he said he'd think about it - and then he surprised me on my birthday by telling me that we are going to St. Louis in July (because he's epic like that)! I'm wildly excited, and I'm really hoping I'll be able to meet some of y'all there ;).

   Not much other life-y stuff happened this much (but JUST WATCH I'll hit publish on this post and then remember something super important and cool that happened during September), other than school starting up. *runs and hides* But we won't talk about that.

   I also finally redid all of my blog pages, which I've been wanting to do for MONTHS. So glad that I finally got around to that xD. 


   I wrote 45, 947 words this month.

   What even. 

   So I almost did an accidental NaNoWriMo in September?? I don't know how that happened, but I think the Rooglewood writing contest has something to do with it xD. I've been slaving away at Asher Grey, and I'm STILL feeling a little stressed that I'm not going to get it done on time. But I'm almost ready to find some alphas for it, so I guess I'm making strides? xD (anyone interested in being an alpha?)

   All that being said, it's be kind of quiet on the writing front (except for Asher Grey). But October is #NANOPREP, so maybe this is the crazy calm before the storm? We shall see xD.  






   ... *crickets*

   So Savannah does NOT have a giant pile of 'books she read this month'! Seriously - I read all the Jennifer A. Nielson books in August, but I wasn't able to include them in August's monthly highlights, so I'm sticking them here because I want to talk about them. (let's ignore the fact that I only read four books this month, okay? xD)  

   - Mark Of The Thief Trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielson. Oh my good gracious you guys, THIS TRILOGY.. Nielson has the best writing style, and I adored the Mark Of The Thief series. Which is funny, since normally I don't read books that are set in ancient Rome. But I ADORED Mark Of The Thief - and I reviewed the final book of the series if you want to get more of my thoughts on it  The Mark Of The Thief Trilogy gets a solid four and a half stars from me! 

   - Jackaby by William Ritter. Why on earth did I wait so long to read this book? I'd known about Jackaby for awhile, but ... it kind of got buried by the rest of my tbr. Oops. But I'm SO GLAD that I finally picked it up, because it was amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on the second book, I need more Jackaby! xD This books gets an awesome four stars from me.  

   - Forest Born by Shannon Hale. I've read a couple of Shannon Hale books before, but I think this one might be my favorite. It's the fourth book in its series ... and I've actually only read the first. But the fourth wasn't confusing, so I guess it almost can work as a standalone? xD The characters were wonderful, and I loved the main character, so this book gets four stars from me! 

   On another bookish note, I won The Bone House from the epic Deborah O' Carroll this month - and I'm so excited to read it! It's the second book in a series that I've been DYING to finish, so I can't wait to see what it's like. (also - it's a blue book, so I may be biased towards it <3)



 
http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/blogoversary-bash-wrapup-winners.html

http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/4-tips-for-breaking-strong-female.html

http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/10-truths-and-2-lies-results.html

http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/how-stalking-people-can-help-make-your.html

http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/wanted-superhero-to-save-world-blog.html

http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/3-tips-to-battle-perfectionism-guest.html

http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/stories-are-remembered.html

http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/a-bookshelf-scavenger-vlog.html

http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/one-year-of-blogging-10-truths-and-2.html

http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/five-ways-to-strengthen-your-novels.html

http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/7-books-for-your-fall-reading-list-7.html

http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/book-review-wrath-of-storm-by-jennifer.html

http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/in-which-i-finally-tell-you-about-my.html

http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/09/a-very-exciting-post-writing-contest.html


   - Jane Maree launched her author website this month, and it's amazing, so definitely check that out.

   - Aimee and Caroline started the Friendly Neighborhood Journal, which seems like it's going to be SUPER cool.

   - Rosalie did a post on getting sticker residue off of books, and while I haven't tried her method yet, I seriously need to!

   - Go Teen Writers posted about books in the public domain, and it was incredibly interesting to read. Now I want to retell a story that's a little more abnormal to retell :D.

   - Tracey did a gorgeous post called hey, dreamer that I absolutely loved.

   - Julia also did a super epic post, so you need to check that out, too.

    - Jonathan posted about reworking major elements in your story, which was a super helpful post because I am the WORST at reworking major elements xD. 

   - Nadine Brandes and Mary Horton both posted about writer's conferences, which were especially fun to read now because I know that I'll be going to a conference, too! *is still excited* xD (also, it's official that Mary has the most GORGEOUS artistic journal <3)

   Also, Bright Eyes posted their BEST PODCASTS this month, and Bryan Davis released a new book. And the cover for Legendary (Caraval #2) was revealed and OH GRACIOUS, it's gorgeous <3 <3. So a lot of exciting stuff happened in September. I was estatic xD.


   October is going to be super school-heavy (... and I'll be prepping for NaNoWriMo. GOOD GRACIOUS, is it already that time again??), so I definitely won't be posting nearly as much as I did in September. We're going back to a sane posting schedule, y'all xD. But I'm hoping to get up a birthday book haul, a book review of Scorpio Races, AND a nano prep post, so you'll get to see those!

   Have an epic and beautiful October, my friends <3.

~ Savannah Grace

so, how was your September? let's chat!

38 comments :

  1. You have a beautiful blog! Reading this bookish post makes me want to read ALLL the books. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Abi! <3 Haha, that's one of the problems of reading bookish posts - too many books, not enough time! xD

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOSH YOU'RE GOING TO REALM MAKERSSSS!!! :D I'm really hoping to go again, so we might meet each other! Happy birthday, btw!

    Ugh, I can sympathize with school taking over everything. But GO YOU. Almost 50k in one month is amazing!

    Thanks for mentioning my post! <3 Looking forward to your review of The Scorpio Races. It's on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD GRACIOUS, YES, I AM! It'd be so so cool if you could go, I'd love to be able to meet you in person! (thank you! <3)

      Delete
  3. OHHHH! *squeals* Congrats on being able to go to Realm Makers!!! Will your whole faimly be going? We live 2 and a half hours from it, so we could (maybe possibly) meet y'all there!!! That would be so much fun!!
    And wowww, 45k is awesome XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm still majorly excited about it! And nope, just my dad and I will be traveling there. The other girls are jealous xD.

      Delete
  4. HOW DO YOU ALMOST NANO. ACCIDENTALLY. HOW.

    I've read Mark of the Thief, but not the next two. Have you seen that Jennifer Nielsen currently has a competition (for a galley) on her blog?

    Congratulations on getting through September - if it was even just your writing + blogging that would have been a spectacular achievement! (But I'm assuming you had a life as WELL. HOW.) ;)
    Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DON'T KNOW, I THINK MY BRAIN BROKE.

      Oooh, really? It's probably over by the time I'm getting to your comment (I took an unexpected hiatus - oops?), but I NEED to go check out her blog! Thanks for mentioning that ;).

      AGAIN, I DON'T HAVE ANY CLUE. But I've been asked to do a post on how to juggle writing/reading/school/WHILE HAVING A LIFE, so maybe I'll do that sometime soon xD.

      Delete
  5. Okay. Y'all, I want to go to Realm Makers so badly. I just wish it wasn't so expensive! And I also want to do so many other camps and conference things... but I'm a broke high school student. So. Yup. Congrats to you, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want you to be able to go, too! It'd be amazing to meet you in person. I hope that it works out for you sometime in the near future!

      Delete
  6. DUDE, THAT MANY WORDS??? How... even...? I've written a lil less than half of that on my own Rooglewood story :) :) My plan is to do some crazy-extensive editing all October and then send it to my alpha and betas in November, then more editing in December and probably send it out VERY close to the deadline, hahahaha *grabs hair*

    Best of luck with Asher Grey! I'm in lurve with that snippet you shared a while back <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I'd consider you lucky for not writing so many words for your Rooglewood story, because now I have 20K WORDS to cut from my novella. It's insanely stressful xD.

      Ooh, your writing schedule is pretty close to mine - good luck, my friend! It'd be so cool if we both won :D. (and THANK YOU, I'm glad you enjoyed that!)

      Delete
  7. AHHH!! It's so cool your going to realm makers!! And happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems like you have a lot going on in October! I wish you all the luck in the world to achieve all your goals this month.

    I wrote 33,000 in Sep. and I AM TIRED. Granted, I am very out of practice of writing, BUT STILL. YOU ARE A WIZARD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA, what makes you think that? xD (okay okay, October is going to be INSANE, so thank you!)

      33K WOW. WE ARE BOTH WRITING WIZARDS. *highfive*

      Delete
  9. YOU'RE GOING TO REALM MAKERS????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW I *HAVE* TO GO SO I CAN MEET MY SAVANNAH. I must talk to my parental units about it. I want to go so baaaaad! *flails* BUT IT IS AMAZING YOU'RE GOING. EEEEEP.

    You did a near NaNo this month??? SAVANNAH. YOU ARE ON FIRE. You write 45k words,and did so much blogging, and still found time to read some! I just...wow. Your productivity skills are #GOALS.

    Oh man, I have been dyyying to get my hands on a copy of Jackaby. I just know I'm gonna love it. I NEEDS IT, PRECIOUSSS.

    I do so hope your October is amazing! Don't let school kill you! And I hope your NaNo prepping goes well. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT's ALREADY NANO PREPPING MONTH. AAAAAHHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, OH MY GOOD GRACIOUS, I AM! And it would only be TWICE AS EXCITING FOR ME if Lauriloth was going! Gracious, it'd just be SO EPIC to meet you in real life!

      JACKABY, YES. Seriously, you need it so bad *shoves a copy of it towards you*. I can't wait to finish the series!

      "Don't let school kill you" <----- high aspirations right there xD. And BEST OF LUCK TO YOU with NaNo prep as well! WE'VE GOT THIS *fistbump*

      Delete
  10. *applauds* SO WELL DONE WITH READING AND WRITING AND BLOGGING AND ALL. I'm thrilled for you that you are going to RM!!! And i would offer to alpha but since you have such a deadline I do not want to take the risk of not being able to give you my best effort! All the best tho!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACK, THANK YOU SO MUCH, LISA! And there WILL be a call for betas later, so maybe you'll have time for that xD.

      Delete
  11. You're going to Realm Makers?! Oh you lucky thing!! I hope that you have a great time there! I would love to go someday . . . I doubt I'll make it 2018. Oh well, maybe '19!
    You almost did a Nano?! How do you accidentally write 50k words? But great job! You're working so hard on Asher Grey - its sounds like such an amazing book. I would love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vera! And I dearly hope you'll be able to go in '19 - that'd be so cool. And I DON'T KNOW how I accidentally hit 50k! I'm glad that I did though, haha xD. ACK, I'm so glad you're interested! I'm excited for the day when you'll be able to see it :D.

      Delete
  12. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING "HEY DREAMER" BECAUSE I JUST READ IT AND IT WAS SO GORGEOUS AND JUST AHDJFHSDKJFSDH *flails endlessly with feelings*

    I'm so excited for fall and nano and new stories EEE <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *has no words because you're so nice* <333

      Delete
    2. YOU'RE SO, SO WELCOME, HANNAH! WASN'T IT GORGEOUS? I just loved it <3.

      Delete
  13. Congrats on your writing, and good luck with school in October! ooh, is Tyra a novella? What did you think of it?

    My September was crammed with schoolwork, and I doubt October will be any better - especially since the fall play kicks into full gear this month. But I was still able to read a few books in September, like The Assassin's Curse by Kevin Sands and The Thief Who Spat in Luck's Good Eye by Michael McClung.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't even call Tyra a novella - it was shorter than that ... more of a really small story. But if you're an Ilyon fan, I would definitely give it a read, because it was a sweet story ;).

      Aw - well, I hope your school goes super super well, and that it isn't too stressful! And the title of the Michael McClung book is HILARIOUS, I might just have to check it out! Thanks for mentioning it ;D.

      Delete
  14. ACK OH MY WORD, YOU'RE GOING TO RM!!!! *flails* If only I could go too and meet youuuuu. *cries* ONE DAY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WISH YOU COULD, PRILL, OH GRACIOUS *cries with you*. YES, IT BETTER HAPPEN SOMEDAY!

      Delete
  15. Haha, I love that your "small" book stack is longer than mine at the best of times. Are you human??
    Also you probably weren't really asking me since you did already, but I WILL ALPHA. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there HAVE been speculations about whether or not I'm human. But, ya know, DETAILS xD.

      Delete
  16. It looks like you had an amazing September! But I literally gasped when you said that you had read Forest Born!! OHHHHH MY GOSH!!! I really love Shannon Hale's Books of Bayern! Random question, but who is your favorite character?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never have guessed that you were a fan of the Books of Bayern, Anidori-Kilandra Talianna Isilee... ;P

      Delete
    2. *cough* yeah, it's very hard to guess xD

      Delete
    3. I can't WAIT to read the rest of the Books of Bayern - it's SUPER COOL that you're a fan of them, too (I love your username! <3)! But ACK, don't make me pick a favorite character xD. I adored Isi, but Enna is also EPIC, and I also love Raz and Dasha ... yeah, I can't pick xD. (It would PROBABLY be Enna though, but I haven't read her book yet! *goes to find a copy of it*)

      Delete
  17. OMGOSH REALM MAKERS 2018?! THAT'S AWESOME! I really, really, REALLY want to go! But I guess we'll see. ;)

    Isn't Jackaby FABULOUS?! :D I love it sooo much! And Forest Born is one of my favorite Shannon Hale books too!

    NaNo prep...Ook. O_O *panics a little*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT WOULD BE SO EPIC IF YOU MADE IT - I'd love to be able to meet you!

      Oh my goodness, YES. I absolutely can't wait to finish both series <3. (and BEST OF LUCK with NaNo prep! We can do this *highfive*)

      Delete
  18. So I'm super late and flgnbfpbf I feel so bad, but eeep! You're going to #RealmMakers2018?? YESSSS!!!! *squeals* I won't be able to make it next year (*is sad that she won't get to meet you there*), but I'm so glad that you'll be able to go!!!! *cheers* RM is such a FANTASTIC experience (like, I learned SO MUCH when I went this year), and I'm so indescribably happy that YOU GET TO EXPERIENCE IT, TOO! *cheers again*

    Anywhozens. *clears throat* Carry on being amazing. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.