Hiding


September 18, 2016


You look into the
mirror 
but it only tells you 
lies 
 
you have so much 
hidden 
within 
and a mirror cannot show it 
 

 you ask people, what do you 
think? 
what do you think of 
me? 

but how can they 
tell you
if you keep the real you 
hidden?

you keep it like a 
secret
this real you 
within
 
like it is something to be 
ashamed of 
but it is 
not
 
who are you?


i am raindrops and dewdrops
frost
starlit nights 
and thunderclaps in a storm 
 
faeries in the forests 
and misty mornings 
when you can almost touch 
the rain  

autumns nights 
and all the songs i've ever sung 
and indigo 
and ink from my fingertips
 
i am the smell of earth
and the sound of a horse's hoofbeats 
and music notes inside my 
brain 
 
and so much else that I haven't yet discovered 

and I am tired of
listening to the mirror's lies 
and 
hiding   

~ Savannah Grace 
  poetry style inspired by abbiee

 

15 comments :

  1. Again, I really like this, Savannah. <3 So happy that you reposted it from your private blog onto your new one for the world to see! ;)

    And doesn't poetry just... SPEAK? I don't know what it is, but I feel like I really get emotions and relatable feelings across when I write poetry. It feels so good. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! Yeah, this was one of the few posts that I'll be bringing over (I think there's ... one more? Maybe two?).

      YES it so does! I have recently found that I really enjoy writing it :D.

      Delete
  2. I just love this. So glad you reposted it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEK. It was a pleasure getting to read this again. IT'S JUST SO GORGEOUS. *drowns in the beauty of it*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEP, CHRISTINE. You always leave the nicest comments :D. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. So happy to see you posted this on this blog!! Did I mention I love this SO. MUCH.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hanna! Hmm ... you MIGHT have mentioned that ... just a little bit :D.

      Delete
  5. ♥ I still love this so, so much, Savvy. :) Really cool that you posted it here as well, because the whole world needs to read it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. This is gorgeous. O.O

    WILL YOU WRITE AND POST MORE?? PLEASE SAY YES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU AND YES. I actually already have a second one written up - it's kinda strange, but I might post it anyways XD.

      Delete

I love when my readers leave a comment or three (so thank you if you do!)! But keep 'em clean, because I don't want to need to delete them. And check back - I always try to reply.